Chapter 50: (Omniscient POV)

Aaliyah truly didn't know how to feel about Lila wanting to apologize to her.

When Lila walked in the Kitchen Aaliyah was sitting at the bar with 2 wine glasses full of wine. Aaliyah needed the Alcohol on stand by just in case this didn't go so well.

"Good Evening, Dear." Lila greeted Aaliyah.

"Good Evening, Ms.Arden."

"I wanted to come by and apologize for my behavior at you and my sons engagement party. I also want to apologize for my out of place assumptions." Lila sat down across from Aaliyah.

"Ms.Arden, what made you think I had an affair with Charles?" Aaliyah slid Lila a glass full of wine.

"Charles longed for you that way that I wanted him to long for me. When he met you he changed I mean he was already cheating before you came into the picture but when he met you he changed up the way he dressed, he changed the way he wore his hair, he changed the cologne he wore all to grasp your attention. Not to mention Charles always slept with the women that worked for him."

"Yes, that worked for him. I never worked for Charles. I worked with Charles; beside him as his equal. There's a difference." Aaliyah pointed out.

"Yes, I guess that would make a difference." She sighed.

"Ms.Arden- Please call me Lila." She corrected Aaliyah.

"Lila, I don't sleep with married men. I don't agree with cheating at all and I would never help someone cheat. Trust me; I know what it feels like to be cheated on and I don't wish that type of pain on anybody."

"Well, I'm sorry for the way I've treated you."

"I accept your apology, Lila. Thank you."

"Now, I think I should get back to torturing Charles."

"Enjoy." Aaliyah chuckled.

"Oh, trust me, my dear, I will." She smiled as she downed the glass of wine and made her way out of the Kitchen.

------------------------------------------------
Tonight was Mo'Nique and her children's last night in town. Which is why Aaliyah had made it a point to cook a nice southern soul food meal for them. Mo'Nique loved Aaliyahs cooking.

Aaliyah had everyone's plate fixed and placed on the table already. All she had to do was call the herd into the kitchen.

"Time to Munch, you hungry fuckers." She yelled.

Everyone came prancing in and took their seats. Aaliyah sat last and sat right next to Damien. His hand quickly found its way to her thigh. She looked over at him with a stern glare as if to say "Don't start no bullshit." Damien gave her one of his signature smiles. The one that makes your panties magically fall off.

"Who wants to say grace?" Aaliyah asked.

Nobody spoke up.

"Fine then I'll do it. Lord, we thank you for the food we're about to receive for the nourishment of our bodies and bless the hand that prepared it. Amen."

"Amen." They all said in unison.

"Dig in!"

"My Goodness L, you just don't know how much I've missed your cooking." Mo'Nique moaned as she took a bite.

Gio's eyes quickly honed in on the light skinned woman.

Aaliyah couldn't lie she had noticed the looks Gio had been giving Mo the past month or so that she'd been here. And she's also noticed Mo returning some of those looks, but she hadn't said anything; yet. She really and truly hoped nothing was going on between Mo and Rashad, but she wouldn't be surprised because Rashad and Niko were a lot a like. Hint Hint.