Chapter 37 (Damien's POV)

"You'd think after so many years of us being apart, you'd let me know when you've come back home, fratello."

I looked up and stared at him blankly. I knew it was only a matter of time before he came to pay me a visit. I used to be close with my brother. We were almost inseparable until Claire. I didn't know what it was about The Arden men but they always wanted what the other had. Me being the exception to that.

"You're not even going to speak to me?" He asked as he sat across from me.

"What do you want Christian?" I asked.

"Seriously. I just came to see how you were doing?"

"Fine. Now Leave."

"Are you still hung up on what happened over a decade ago???"

"No. I'm hung up on how much like father you truly are."

"Claire came on to me."

"Well at the end of the day we both got played. Did we not?" I shrugged.

"Hey, Arden." Aaliyah walked in but when she spotted my brother she stopped.  "Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know you were in a meeting. I'll come back." She began to back out but Christian stopped her.

"Oh no. Just a friendly, family visit.  No meeting. Now who are you???" He asked as he grabbed her hand and kissed it.

"I'm the CFO." She slipped her hand from his.

"What else are you to My brother because you aren't just a CFO... you're too beautiful."

"Brother???" Aaliyah's brows shot up in confusion.

"Ahhh. He didn't tell you he had a brother. Typical Fratello."

"She didn't need to know about you because I never intended you two to meet."

"Well it's too late now brother." Christian smirked.

"Micio, how about you take lunch and I'll join you in Five."

"Alright. Our usual place?"

"Yes." I stood and walked over to her then placed a kiss on her forehead. I know I had a lot of explaining to do. She walked out and I turned back to Christian.

"Micio, huh?" He grinned.

"And?"

"She's your newest plaything."

"She's my fiancé. And the Donna."

"You put her in Mafia business?"

"Yes. She's a better affiliate than you ever were."

"Hmm... she seems fragile to me."

"I'll let you think that. I'm going to lunch with my Fiancé. Don't come back here, Christian."

"Dad was right. You've changed."

"Well you two contributed to that. You both know I haven't always been this way."

"Well I actually came to warn you. Katherine left father and well, he's been in a rampage. He intends to come for that girl."

"Aaliyah can hold her own."

"He knows that. That's why I'm warning you. Keep an eye on her." Christian Left.

I knew my father was crazy but I really and truly prayed her wasn't stupid.

When I sat down across from Aaliyah I could feel the tension. She was pissed.

"Why didn't you tell me you had a brother?" She asked.