(RQ. 7) [4] Lando Norris

Requested by sarahwtmn

Happy New Year 2021! Have fun reading, I hope you like it!

Also; Lando's Mom's name is Cisca and his younger sister is named after her, so they share the same name.

"You could've died you know

"You could've died you know..."

It was Sunday, mid summer. It was surprisingly hot for England as you sat at a little table in front of the McLaren hospitality. You were studying for your degree course while Lando had media duties, even on race days.

"Hey, baby. Are you ready to go?" Lando came from behind and kissed your cheek. "I'm ready." you closed your book and pushed your chair back to the table. Your books tucked away in your bag, you intertwined your hand with Lando's.

Just before he got in the car, you hugged him. Lando's arms still wrapped around you, you looked up to him. "Be careful, Dad crashed here once. It's tricky today." you told him worried. Your Dad used to race for two years in Formula One, that's also how you and Lando met. Your Dad still comes to the races to watch, and he passed on his love of motorsports to you, as to why you often joined him. It was last year in Monaco when you and Lando met and started dating shortly after.

You sat in Lando's garage and shook your leg nervously, chewing on the inside of your cheek. About three quarters into the race you could see one of the McLaren cars spin and crash into the barrier. Your heartbeat stopped for a moment, breathing suddenly became difficult. Someone in the garage, probably a mechanic, shouted. "Is that Lando or Carlos?"

The TV cameras didn't show it properly, they weren't close enough, but you knew who it was. Carlos was still too far behind Lando to have overtaken him. You knew it was Lando, even though you were hoping you were wrong. "It's Lando." you whispered loud enough for them to hear.

"Lando, can you hear me? Are you okay?" Jarvis asked. No answer. "Lando can you hear me?!" There was still no answer, no 'yeah, I'm okay.' Nothing. Your hands started to shake uncontrollably.

You jumped off the high stool and started to run. The accident happened not far away from the start-finish line, you'd be there in under a minute. You didn't even have to think about it, your brain was like a blank, you could no longer think clearly. Before you could leave the pit lane, you were pulled back and held by Jon. "Jon, please. Let me go." you begged him, tears in your eyes.

"We need to wait for the red flag, it's too dangerous now." He said, still holding you back. "No, Jon! He isn't answering!" you weren't crazy, the last cars just passed Lando and the first were already entering the pit lane. "Screw it." you whispered. You were able to twist out of Jon's grip and started running towards Lando's Car. You immediately knelt by him and unstrapped him.

"Please, Lando. Please wake up. I need you." you told him, crying. You saw the ambulance coming and made room to let them get to Lando. "Miss, do you want to get in?" a paramedic asked you. You quickly nodded and got into the ambulance. On the drive to the hospital, you held Lando's hand the whole time and caress it lovingly.

As you arrived at the hospital you sat beside Lando's bed, still holding his hand. The doctor said he has a mild concussion and a bruised ankle, but nothing else is wrong with him. You have fallen asleep with his hand in yours and your head on his lap. When Lando woke up, he stroked your hair, which caused you to wake up. A tear rolled down your cheek in relief.

"Hey." you whispered. "Hey, baby." Lando replied with a faint smile. You climbed into the bed with him as he made room for you and snuggled up to him. "I love you, Lando," you whisper into his chest.

It was later in the evening, when his parents and his little sister Cisca came into the room. You texted them earlier, so they knew he was alright. You left them alone for a moment to go get something to drink. When you returned, you put the drinks down at a small table and sat down on a hospital chair outside Lando's room. You and Lando's parents loved each other, but you wanted to give them time alone with their son, so you stayed there for a little longer.

His Mum came out of Lando's room. Cisca took you in her arms to hug you tight. "You got to stay safe, sweetheart." she whispered into the hug. "I... I know, it was just... he wasn't responding...". Lando's mum could still hear the fear in your voice, so she hugged you closer once more. "Lando is so lucky to have you, I hope you know that." she said and took your shoulders in her hands to smile at you lovingly. You sighed out and smiled at her. You loved her so much.

You laid on Lando's chest, your arm swung around his waist and he stroked your hair. "Is it true?" Lando asked. "That you ran up to my car before the red flag?" You looked up to him. "You could've died you know, I-... I just..." A tear slipping down your cheek. Lando quickly wiped it away with his thumb. You didn't know what to say, but Lando gave you a look that said he understood, even if he didn't approve. "I love you so much Y/N."

"I love you too." you whispered to his lips, pecking them.

"But don't you dare risk your life for mine, ever again." he said half serious half-joking. "You know I would." you mumbled into his chest. Lando caressed your arm, "Yeah, I do." he sighed.
What did he do to deserve you, he asked himself, kissing your hairline.