(RQ) [63] George Russell

Requested by Bibisoon I hope you like it x

Song: This is what you came for (feat. Rihanna) - Calvin Harris

This is a long one, +1600 words! You have been warned haha

"And everybody's watching her, but she's looking at you."

Race days have always been your favourites but quali day was just as exciting. All the photographers of the paddock, or at least most of them, were lined up at the entrance. Including you.

You had achieved your dream job, becoming a photographer in Formula One. And thanks to Kym Illman, you knew all the important "secrets" to perfect your pictures. Kym was almost like a father figure when you were at the races, so far away from your actual family. 

When the drivers came in you wanted to shoot some good shots, and that worked well, until your favourite driver entered the paddock. Your lips curled up into a smile as you stood up to walk in front of him and get even better pictures.

"Hey Georgie." you jokingly greeted him. "Hey, Y/N/N." he smiled back. The perfect opportunity for you to make a picture. 

You had the biggest crush on George and every time he said your name, no matter how long the moment lasted, your stomach always tickled.

George met up with Alex at the entrance, but before they went in George turned around again to wave you goodbye, or more of a "see you later". You quickly captured the moment and waved back. Alex had noticed you and waved too, what you returned with a bright smile. 

"Well, those look like some pretty good shots." Kym walked up to you and smiled. "Yeah, I hope so." You looked through the pictures on your camera before a smile spread across your face as you looked back up at Kym. "I like George. He's a nice guy." he said, slightly smiling at you. 

"Yeah, he's very nice indeed." you answered, but by the rising temperature in your cheeks you knew, Kym could see how red your cheeks got. "Anyway. Show me some of your shots?" you replied to hopefully distract him. 

Meanwhile, George walked to the Williams motorhome with Alex by his side. Alex talked about his and his families new kittens, but George couldn't focus on what he said. You had occupied all his thoughts.

He liked the way you called him earlier. Everybody could know that you got on well together. It would be even better if they finally stopped staring at you. 

"George?" Alex asked as he noticed how George was lost in thoughts. He suddenly laughed, which only earned him a questioning look from George.

"C'mon, just ask her out already." Alex laughed, but there was a certain serious undertone in his voice. 

"What? I don't-" 

"Sure you do. George, mate, why are you even trying to lie to me?" 

Defeated, George kept quiet and walked on beside Alex.