(RQ. 10, 13, 16) [18] Lance Stroll

Requested by LilyHeseltine123  I hope you like it! 

"I'm not going anywhere.", "Hear my heartbeat? Just focus on that.", "You make me want things I can't have."

Since the new season started, much has changed. First and probably most important, your brother Sebastian has changed teams. He now was a driver for Aston Martin after leaving Ferrari. The second thing, which you were very excited about was that you were travelling to every race with him since Melbourne. You used to accompany Sebastian at some race weekends when he drove for Ferrari, but travelling to every race was even better than you had imagined.

There's another thing that has changed since last year. You and Lance. In theory, you were already a couple but in practice, no one was allowed to know.
At the first race you ever went to with Sebastian, he told you to stay away from any of the drivers, romantically. He just wanted to protect you from heartbreak but ever since you entered that Aston Martin garage, Lance treated you special. You just couldn't do anything against your feelings for him.

You sneaked glances at each other when you were in the garage or met in the paddock. When you talked, you always did it in such a way that it looks 'normal' to everyone. Lance likes to try and flirt, teasing you, but he always gets a warning smile in return.

After the races, when everyone was busy and no one was looking for you, you were staying with Lance in his driver room. You always love this time because it is the only opportunity you can be intimate with him, cuddling and kissing with no one else around.

Three weeks ago, Lance got you the most beautiful bracelet, he found in a little shop in Spain. Since then, you have held it firmly in your hand during every race. It was like a little piece of him, always by your side.

This week has been problematic for Aston Martin, from the start on. In FP2 Lance's car didn't work properly, and he needed to stop practice early. The qualifying positions weren't the best either. Sebastian qualified tenth and Lance fifteenth.
You've had hope that the race would go better but after 30 minutes Lance needed to retire. His engine was too hot and if he would've continued the race, the engine would most likely have caught fire.

As he came into the garage, Lance walked past you.
"I'm sorry, Lance." you told him compassionately. He looked at you and you could see how much he needed to hold himself back to not caress your hair.

"No, it's okay. The weekend kinda started like this, so it's no surprise really." he said. But you could still hear a bit of bitterness in his voice. You smiled at him, a sign that when the race was over you could comfort him. Lance took a seat at his part of the garage and watched the race from there.

Just before the chicane, Ocon began to struggle. He probably planned on overtaking Daniel Ricciardo, when his car spun around. Your eyes widened at the sight of your brother right behind him.
Sebastian couldn't do anything as Ocon's car slid into him and sent him crashing into the barrier.

You exhaled heavily, it felt like you've been punched in the pit of your stomach. Except for the ringing in your ears, it was like someone put the world on mute. You turned around to where Lance was. He'd also turned around looking if you were okay.
You obviously weren't.

Breathing seemed harder than usual when he came towards you. A silent tear ran down your cheek. Lance jogged to you and took you into his arms. "S-seb. H-he-"

"Shh, he's going to be okay." he comforted you, stroking your hair. The moment you realized how close you two were, you softly pulled away, signalling that he couldn't be so close to you in front of everyone. "You can't hold me like we're together." you whispered, still crying. Lance ignored you and your fear of getting caught. "I'm not going anywhere." he said and pressed you against him again, kissing your hairline.

As you were standing in Lance's embrace, you could see the TV. They showed the crash and were repeating it over and over again, causing panic to rise up in you. You wanted to look away, but you couldn't take your eyes off it as they showed Sebastian being put on the stretcher after they had helped him out of his car.

Your breathing was panicky and uneven from fear, the crying has blocked your nose and made it difficult to breathe properly.
Lance noticed how irregularly and nervously you were breathing. You had to gasp for air for a moment.

He took your hand and sat down on a pile of tires before pulling you onto his lap. You snuggled up to his chest and he pulled you even closer. When Lance noticed that your breathing still hadn't improved, he slightly pushed you away from him to look into your eyes. He brushed a loose strand of hair from your face.

"Hear my heartbeat? Just focus on that." he whispered and pressed you against him again. He stroked your back and your hair caringly.
"Is it better?" Lance asked looking at you, lovingly. "Yes." you whispered and wrapped your arms around his neck, cuddling against him.

Lance was still sitting with you on the pile of tires, his arms wrapped protectively around you.

"Y/N?" Sebastian's race engineer came up to you. You looked up to him, raising your eyebrows in surprise. "Seb is okay, you can visit him at the hospital in a few hours." he said sensitively. With a light smile, you answered him. "Thank you." You could feel an invisible weight being lifted from you.

Your head was still resting on Lance's chest as he gave you a kiss on the forehead. You looked up at him dreamily but sadly at the same time. Lance could see that you weren't looking like this because of Sebastian. "What's wrong, Y/N/N?" he asked curiously.
"You make me want things I can't have." you whispered. Lance furrowed his eyebrows. Shaking his head lightly in disapproval.
"You already have it."

That's when he pulled your face close and put his lips on yours. You've never kissed in the garage, or in front of people in general. It felt different, better. You could feel his soft lips, moving in perfect sync with yours. His thumb was carefully caressing your cheek as he kissed you.

You broke apart, trying to catch your breath while your noses touched. Your eyes were still closed, a smile snuck on your face.

"Let's go." Lance whispered to your lips before he gave you another quick kiss. He lifted you from his lap and offered you his hand, which you took. "I'll drive you to the hospital." He kissed your hand and intertwined it with his. "Thank you." you smiled at him, still a little exhausted from crying.