(RQ. 30) [47] Mick Schumacher

Requested by randomhuman193 I hope you like it x 

"I'm not leaving. Ever." 

Mick returned to the Haas hospitality with a disappointed look on his face. His helmet was in his hand and his suit was hanging from his hips.
"Hey, Micki." you smiled and walked towards him. He came up to you, but he wasn't smiling. You looked at him with a tilted head and stood on your tiptoes to press a kiss to his lips. He closed his eyes for a moment and enjoyed your touch.

You could not only feel that he didn't want to talk now, but you could also see it on his face. Right now he just needed time for himself. So you took his helmet from his hand and gave him an encouraging smile before you went back to the lounge area.

Mick put his hands on your shoulders and kissed you on the cheek. You turned to him, and he signalled you that he was ready to go. So you packed everything up and slung your bag around your shoulder. Hand in hand you walked to his rental car for the weekend.

The drive to the hotel was also mostly silent. Every now and then, he asked you what you had been doing or if you were hungry.

Mick had finished the race in nineteenth place today. That weighed heavily on him. He hadn't properly smiled once after coming back from the garage.

He opened the door to your hotel room and let you go first. "Thank you." you said quietly. When you had changed into something comfortable, you sat on the bed while Mick was still in the bathroom. "Micki?" you called him from the bed. "Huh?" came the reply. You breathed in and out deeply, feeling sorry for him. Mick was new to Formula One, and had just finished his third race, but he made a tiny little mistake, and it annoyed him. Not only for himself but for the whole team. It was something that happened to all rookies. You make mistakes and learn from them.

He came out of the bathroom and just stood in the room. Again, you tilted your head. "What's wrong?" You probably already knew his answer, but he had to say it out loud once, otherwise, his mood would never rise again.

"I'm a freaking idiot, that's what's wrong!" he replied angrily, shaking his head in annoyance. "I'm failing! I can give my seat back again right away." He paused for a moment, during which you just looked at him sadly. But you didn't expect what he then said. "And if I keep on like this, I'm going to mess this up too." he pointed back and forth between the two of you. "I'm going to mess it up and lose you."

Your mouth opened a little when he said that. And for a moment you thought that you had misheard him.

Mick walked towards the edge of the bed and slumped down on it. He propped his elbows on his knees and buried his face in his hands. Again and again, he ran his hands over his face and then through his hair.

You looked at him in disbelief and carefully turned his face towards you. He looked at you sadly and exhausted.

"I'm not leaving. Ever."

You shifted your body so that you were sitting opposite him. You dreamily stroked his arm up and down. Until you reached his hand and took it firmly in yours. Mick was still looking at you with desperation.

"I'm not dating you because you are rich or talented. I love you because you are you. And I love who you are." you said and looked up at him to look into his ice-blue eyes. It probably sounded like the biggest cliché in the world, but his eyes were the most beautiful to you. They shone even when he didn't. They were like a bright spot in the deep blue sky.

He looked at your face in love.
"How did I deserve you?" You smiled at him, a little happier this time.
"Some people just belong together, you know?" You lightly stroked his cheek and gave him a quick kiss. "I will never leave you, Micki. I'll be by your side, forever."

"I love you." Mick breathed out with tears in his eyes. Then he pulled you onto his lap and held you close to him. Giggling, you wrapped your legs around his torso. You looked deep into each other's eyes, a grin still on your lips. And this time Mick smiled too. Then he captured your lips and pressed his onto yours.

 Then he captured your lips and pressed his onto yours