(RQ. 87) [63] George Russell

Requested by bonomytyres I hope you like it x

Y/B/F = Your best friend

"There is only one bed..."

This day would go down in history, that you were sure of. George did it! P2 at the Belgium GP!
But this day would not only go down in history for that, much more happened that made it a, let's say special day.

Not to mention the tons of rain that were pouring down all day long, but your team's hotel did something you have never experienced before.
They forgot, let that sink in, to get your hotel rooms ready so when all of you arrived none of the rooms were free. At first, you thought it was a joke.

Even though it wasn't his job, Jost managed to book another hotel, not far away from the other one, to get everyone in his team a room. Literally everyone at Williams needed one. Mechanics, PRs, Managers, Drivers even...
So thanks to Jost all of you got to stay there, the only downside: only until Sunday morning.

Yes, you heard that right, the hotel was very kindly offering you the rooms but on Sunday they weren't available anymore. So after you woke up on Sunday morning, you left your luggage in a massive Van, which would bring it to the hotel you were originally planning on staying at.
It was a whole mess.

But all of that seemed forgotten when George finished the shortest race you've ever attended on the Podium.
Race day felt like three Sundays in one, but in the end, George's smile was worth every second you stood in the cold.

It was late when George and you made your way back to the hotel. After his Podium finish, you had lots to do as his PR. The day was long, and you were beyond excited for a comfortable bed and a good night of sleep.

„Is Y/B/F already at the hotel?" George asked as you left the paddock.

„Yes, she texted me about an hour ago, that she's on the way back." Your eyes looked up at George, who was looking down at you while walking. He shook his head, „Aleix has too. Good for them." he joked and you couldn't not giggle at his facial expression.

He smiled down at you, as you continued your way to the cars. George offered to get you back to the hotel, so you wouldn't have to ask another team member. Usually, you'd drive to the hotel with Y/B/F, but since she has already left that wasn't an option this time.

The door of George's Mercedes rental car closed quietly and you put on your seatbelt. „Thanks for taking me with you." you said as he started the car. „Of course. I'm happy to do this, you don't have to thank me."

George faced you when his lips formed a smile.
The ride was quiet, mostly because both of you have had an exhausting day and you were tired, so there wasn't much to say anyway.
But it was in no way uncomfortable, rather like you were doing this regularly. Driving home - to the hotel - with him daily.