(RQ. 68) [16] Charles Leclerc

Requested by freyamaximoffs  I hope you like it x

"I like it when you say my name."

Since a few months you could officially call yourself a member of Ferrari. You got the job as the team photographer and travelled with them to every race. Your workplace was basically everywhere the drivers were. You didn't want to be rude or disrespectful, so even though you saw them every day, when you talked to them, you used their last names. And so you did with Charles. 

This weekend in Baku, Charles managed to get pole position. You were allowed to the very front row in parc fermé to shoot pictures for the team. You were flooded with happiness and couldn't suppress a smile behind the camera as you took picture after picture of Charles celebrating his victory. In the midst of shooting, he jumped off his Ferrari and ran towards you. Charles had spotted you between all the photographers as he grinned to them through his helmet. You were rather shocked and put your camera away as he hugged you tight. Of course, you hugged him back, and lightly jumped up and down in his arms. 

Everyone around you looked at the two of you, but it didn't matter right now.

"You did it, Charles!" You beamed at him but soon realized how you just called him. "Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-" you started, but Charles interrupted you. "I like it when you say my name.". He gently put a loose strand of hair from your ponytail behind your ear and smiled at you. The gesture wasn't the typical romantic one, but one that showed how close you actually were.

Your cheeks got warm as he said that, and you lightly smiled at him. "Meet me in my drivers room after you're done?". Charles's voice was not more than a whisper, so only you could hear what he said. You shook your head yes and looked up at him. "Okay." you whispered back with a smile. 

Later, when you had packed away your camera and finished everything for the day, you made your way to Charles drivers room. Most of the Ferrari employees have either already gone back to the hotel or where in different rooms, so not many people saw you knocking on Charles's door. "Come in!" you heard him shouting. You took the door handle and pushed it open.

His room was quite nice, nothing too special but nice. He had a little couch with a table and a massage table in the corner. You saw him sitting on the couch, but he quickly got up and walked to you.

"Hey." he greeted you in his French accent. "Hey." you smiled back, and he hugged you. "How are you?" Charles asked with a gentle smile as he let go of you. You chuckled and looked up into his eyes. They were a light shade of brown, you thought, but sometimes you could swear they had green in them. Someday you would ask him. 

"I'm good, but aren't I the one to ask how you feel after getting pole?".

Charles grinned at you. "Well, I feel great about that." You chuckled. "But you know what would make my day even better?". You shrugged your shoulders, "Mhm?".
"If you would go on a walk with me." he cheekily grinned and looked at you with raised brows. "What do you think?".

"Sure, whatever Mr pole position wants." you teasingly answered. A smile formed on Charles's lips and his eyes lit up. "Perfect." he said and grabbed your hand. 

Your head shot down to your now intertwined hands. The feeling of his hand around yours was new, and it made your stomach tingle. 'From calling him Mr Leclerc to holding hands, wow Y/N.'

One of his fingers stroked the back of your hand as you walked out of the Ferrari hospitality. You didn't know, but Charles always wanted to do this. 

You had been walking around for a while now, just strolling through the paddock, talking. You had been looking at the new McLaren hospitality as Charles pulled you behind one of the nearby trucks.
"What are you doing, Charles?" you asked chuckling, but still a bit confused. 

He grinned and looked at you,
"I really like that."

"What?"

"When you say my name." he said in a hushed voice. He couldn't hold back when you looked at him with those eyes, he fell for the moment you first looked at him. Charles leaned in so only a few inches were separating you. He silently asked for permission, which you gave him.
Your lips collided, the moment you both been waiting for, for so long. His lips gently brushed against yours. Your hands still intertwined, Charles guided them around his neck before he put his own on your back. 

"We need to do this more often." he smiled at you as he caressed your cheek. "We do.", you smiled at him.

He gave you a quick kiss, before you intertwined your hands again. It kind of felt like it was the most normal thing to do, to kiss an F1 driver between the team trucks. But at the same time your heart told you it wasn't, by beating twice as fast.

You continued your walk through the paddock, hand in hand. You looked up at Charles and smiled.
"I declare this to our post qualifying ritual now." he bent down to whisper in your ear. You chuckled, "Deal.".

A smile spread across Charles's face as he placed a kiss on your cheek. He could get used to this, to have you by his side.