(RQ) [3] Daniel Ricciardo

ICE_hockey_GIRL I hope you like it, thank you sm for your patience! x

It's both Y/N's and Daniel's POV in this One Shot!

„I love you, nothing is gonna change that. Ever."

„Babes, are you ready?" you shouted across the living room. „One second!" Daniel shouted back.

„Okay, let's go." he said as he came to the front door of his Monaco apartment with his suitcase and gave you a peck on the lips. You smiled as you grabbed the car keys from his hand and Daniel closed the door behind you two.

You were going to visit Daniel's family in Perth and your heartbeat was like crazy when you thought about it. Being nervous was something you were used to by now. With an 11 year age gap between you and Daniel, comments and looks were something you had to get used to. But the nervousness was always there.
It wasn't obvious that you were 11 years younger than Dan, but social media knew and so the world did too.

Daniel grabbed your hand while you walked through the airport. He gave it a squeeze and looked down at you. A warm smile, one that never failed to comfort you, spread across his face and you immediately felt better. He knew how nervous you were to meet his parents in just a few hours from now, even he was nervous quite a bit.

You started dating a few months ago, but it felt like you have known Daniel your whole life. Meeting casual, in real life and not via some online dating platform, it was almost like a romance novel. If someone saw you without knowing who you were or for how long you've been together, one could think you have been married for years.

Daniel's parents knew right away when you two started dating. There were quite some insecurities about your age gap and it wasn't out of any bad intentions, because that's not how Daniel's parents were. They were simply worried about both of you. If it was because they were scared you'd someday realize you wanted someone younger, or because Daniel would leave you because he wasn't serious about this relationship. But none of that happened, and will never do.

You found your man in Daniel.
And he found his love and peace in you.

*Daniel POV*

„I'm so nervous, Danny." She said.
My hand tightened around hers.

„That's okay, I am too. But that's not going to last long, I promise." I guided her hand to my mouth and kissed it softly.

I could feel how nervous she was, and I was too, but as soon as we'd see my parents it would be fast forgotten. I just knew that.
We talked until our flight went off and when I felt how she calmed down a little, Y/N could fall asleep on my shoulder.