(RQ. drivers, Part 2) [4] Lando Norris

Requested by WHIFF99 I hope you like it x

You met him, your soulmate. 

You would've never even considered him neither being a Formula One driver nor being friends with your best friends. Lando was like this missing piece in your puzzle. And now that it was complete, it was even more beautiful. 

After the call, you could hardly end it, your heart beat didn't slow down really. Even when you had pulled the covers over your head, you could think of nothing else. Lando had sneaked into your head and wouldn't leave.

He also laid awake in his bed for quite a while that evening. You exchanged numbers during the phone call and talked for so long that the others eventually said goodbye, and it was just the two of you talking. Never before had Lando connected so quickly with someone, never before had his heart beaten so fast just looking at someone.

He turned in his bed restlessly until he finally picked up his phone and unlocked it with a quick swipe. He looked at the screen, which showed your number. Indecisively, he dropped back onto his back and stared at the ceiling.
"Why shouldn't I do it?" he asked himself quietly and sat up straight again.

He dialled your number and not a second later a ringing tone was heard.

Your head shot around to your phone as it began to ring. When you looked at the display, it said Lando's name, and you quickly slid the green icon to the side. "Hey." you said softly, and your heart began to beat faster.
"Hey. How are you?" Lando asked, wanting to smack himself. How are you? In the middle of the night? Could he have asked something even more stupid?

"I can't sleep." you replied and sighed. "Me neither." Lando returned. "Do you want to talk until you get tired?" he asked, and a smile formed on your lips.
"Yeah, I'd love to.". You laid on your back, put your phone on speaker and let it sit next to you. You talked until late into the night and at some point, Lando could hear steady breathing from you and hung up with a dreamy smile.

*

Not only could you both see colours now, but you finally understood what it felt like to meet your soulmate. Not everyone got along. But when they did, the feelings were stronger than anything you could have ever felt up to that point. It felt like you had found your missing piece.

"Babe!", Lando shouted as you were on your way to the Williams hospitality. The others were still giving interviews after qualifying. But George had unfortunately been out qualified after Q1, so he had finished earlier than the rest and texted you where he was.

You turned around and saw Lando jogging towards you. He had his overall hanging around his hips and his bottle in his hand. You smiled at him and walked a little towards him. Lando stopped in front of you, grinned and gave you a kiss.

"Hey.". "Hey, Mr P5." you laughed. Charlotte came up to you and shook her head laughing. "As soon as he sees you, he forgets everything." she greeted you, and you giggled. "Hey Char.".

Pretty much everyone knew that you were a couple by now. And everyone who didn't know yet could already tell from your aura.

"Are you guys done yet?" you asked them both and Lando looked at Charlotte questioningly. She glanced at the phone, where she was recording everything and had their schedule on.
"No, we have one more interview. Then you're done." she said, addressing the last sentence to Lando.

"Where are you going?" Lando asked curiously, and you nodded towards the hospitalities. "To George's.".
Lando just nodded and gave you another quick kiss before leaving. "Text me when you're done.".

He nodded again and turned to Charlotte. "Where to now?" She glanced at her phone again before replying, "Sky Sports.".
"See you, Y/N!" she called out to you in farewell, and you waved as they made their way to Lando's last interview for the day.

A/N: I could honestly go on and on with this haha