(RQ, Part 1) [44] Lewis Hamilton

Request by anonymous

Content/Trigger Warning

Arranged marriage

"Shh, we're going to be fine

"Shh, we're going to be fine." 

The sun was peaking through the clouds when you entered the paddock. Looking around in awe, you lightly smiled.
You haven't been to a race in what feels like forever. You used to accompany your Dad at almost every race.

"Y/N?" You heard a familiar voice calling your name.
You looked into the direction it came from and a smile crept up your face.
When he was sure that it was you, Lewis walked up to you and your Dad.

Politely, he greeted your Dad first, but you could sense his impatience. "Nice to meet you again." He smiled and hugged your Dad lightly, meanwhile shaking his hand. "Likewise, Lewis." Your Dad smiled. "Have you seen your Father? I need to talk to him."
"Yes, he's at the usual spot." Lewis told him.

Your Dad was already walking away when Lewis turned to you. He had a huge smile on his face. "Hey." You smiled back at him. "How are you, Y/N/N?" Lewis grinned and pulled you into a tight hug.

"Good. How are you doing, Mr. 7 times world champion?" You smirked, still in his embrace. "Really good." he chuckled back.

You parted and looked around to notice that a few paparazzi have already pointed their cameras at you two. When you looked back at Lewis you saw that he looked around concerned. He didn't want them to take photos of you. Lewis was used to it but didn't want you to feel uncomfortable.

He put his hand on your lower back.
"Do you want to accompany me today? I could get you a pass for the garage." he asked you, looking down at you.

You smiled up at him, "Yes, I'd love to.". Lewis smiled at you and moved his arm from your lower back to your shoulder.

When you entered the garage with Lewis, Angela smiled at the two of you and some mechanics looked confused at you from the corner of their eyes. Lewis had many friends who he brought to his garage, to take a few photos or videos. But he has never walked in with a girl like you, his arm around your shoulder, and looking entirely happy.

"Y/N!" Angela greeted you. She came towards you and Lewis loosened his arm from your shoulder, so you could hug her.

"Angela." you smiled and walked into her open arms. She embraced and cuddled you. "You haven't been here for ages. How nice to see you again." she smiled.
"I know, it's been a long time. I'm glad to be here again."

Lewis came from behind and put his hand on your shoulder again, Angela giving him a knowing look. He looked at her urgently and shook his head slightly.

During the race, you sat beside Angela. You chatted about things you missed, and she told you the latest stories about Lewis that made you chuckle.

Lewis did really good and finished first. You watched the podium ceremony from the VIP section with you and Lewis' Dad.

Just when they've all went back to their drivers' rooms, your Dad pulled you into a quiet corner to talk to you. You could see Lewis' Dad walk out of the room from the corner of your eye.

"I need to talk to you, Y/N."

"Sure. What is it, Dad?" you asked him as he let go of your arm.

He looked around the almost empty room. When his eyes landed back on yours he said words you would've never even thought he would say.

"You and Lewis are going to marry."

"Ehm, sorry what?" You thought he was joking, he couldn't mean what he just said.

"You heard me. You are going to marry him."

Completely off guard, you stumbled back a step. Blinking, you tried to bring your breathing back under control.
"Why- You can't just decide..." you stuttered. The tears were already burning in your eyes, and you tried to blink them away.

"I've discussed this with Lewis's father."

Your gaze shifted to him, in disbelief at what he was saying. Your father. The man who was supposed to protect you, who was supposed to support you.

***

"I am old enough to decide who I want to marry! It is none of your business!" Lewis tried to pull himself together.

"Oh, c'mon. You like her, it's obvious, Lewis. She is the best that could've happened to you."

***

The air was colder, your jacket was back in the VIP area. The hospitalities passed you by as the tears kept blocking your view. You ran to the Mercedes Hospitality, to Lewis.

When you saw him, your steps became faster.