(RQ) [47] Mick Schumacher

Requested by brooklyn_baby3 I hope you like it x Get well soon, babes!

„Ja, bitte." = „Yes, please."

„Should I read to you?"

Loud thunder howled through the night, a lightning strike illuminated the room. Your eyes shot open at the loud sound and your gaze went to the clock on the nightstand next to Mick. He was still fast asleep, one arm slung around your waist while the other was holding his pillow. You listened to his deep, steady breathing before you tried to remove his arm from you without waking him up.

Mick turned to the other side when you got out of bed. You tiptoed to the door and closed it quietly.
He was still sleeping tight as you turned on the lights in the living room. The thunder was still pretty loud. „Oh boy." you whispered under your breath. As much as you loved rainy days, when it was thundering, you always got scared badly.

To distract yourself, you grabbed one of the books out of the shelf above the TV. You smiled, when you saw which one you grabbed. It was the first present from Mick, a book he bought you when you both had visited the prettiest bookshop in Paris. It had a piano, lots of couches and even a real cat wandering around.
You opened the book and took in the smell of it. That alone, and all the memories it brought with it, made you feel a little calmer.

You sat down on the couch, wrapping yourself in a blanket and started reading.
Every once in a while you got goosebumps when another thunder roamed across the sky.

Mick turned around in the bed to wrap his arm around you again. But there was no one there.
„Babes?" he whispered. „Baby?" he said again.
When you didn't answer him, he carefully turned on the light on the nightstand.

He looked around the room, but he didn't find you. So he got out of bed to find you.
„Oh those damn thunderstorms." he muttered to himself, already knowing why you weren't in bed anymore.

When he saw the light in the living room, he walked in to find you reading. His lips curled up as he saw which book you were reading. „Hey, Babe." he said and a yawn escaped him. Mick tussled through his hair and walked towards you.

„Oh no, did I wake you up?" you asked concerned as your gaze followed him through the room. „Nein, it's all good." the german word escaped his mouth. „Are you scared?" he asked you with soft eyes. You just shook your head ‚yes'.

Mick leaned over you from the side, to look at what page you were on. When you closed the book and looked up to him, he did the same.
His tall stature got down next to you, finding a comfortable position. „Come under the blanket." you said and lifted the blanket for him. Mick grabbed his end and snuggled closer to you. He kissed you on the temple, you closed your eyes and enjoyed the affection.

Another thunder echoed through the night and you winced. Mick's arms wrapped around you and turned you towards his face, as he moved as close to you as possible.  „I'm here." he said with calmness in his voice, „Should I read to you?" he asked with a smile.
„Ja, bitte." you said in your best german. Mick's lips curled up, whenever you tried to speak his mother language his heart warmed and pride filled him. „Then I will do that, Mrs Schumacher."
„Not yet." you giggled, referring to the name.
„Exactly, not yet." Mick pecked your lips. You were still so close that your noses were touching when you leaned in again to kiss him properly.

Mick pressed his hands against your back and slowly wandered through your hair. His lips were so soft and they matched with yours perfectly. You felt safe and warm in his embrace, his gentle yet demanding kisses comforting you while his smell of shower gel and himself brought you straight to heaven.

When you parted, Mick pecked your lips once more, wandering to your cheek with his lips to leave a trail of kisses to your ear. There he stopped and you got goosebumps. „I love you." he whispered into your ear. A smile spread across your lips and you looked at him in pure love. „I love you even more." There was so much honesty, love and affection in your voice that his heart almost skipped a beat.

You moved a little and leaned against his chest, Mick wrapping an arm around your shoulder, the other one opening the book.
The pretty gold letters shimmered in the dim light. He cleared his throat and started reading.

„The next morning Elisabeth wrote to her mother that Jane was feeling well again and if she could get the carriage. But Mrs Bennet hadn't expected her daughters to return until next Tuesday and was by no means willing to sacrifice this plan earlier. Her answer, therefore, did not meet Elisabeth's wish to return home as soon as possible: she wrote that the carriage would under no circumstances be available until next Tuesday and added in a-„

„What?" Mick stopped and asked as he looked down at you. „Nothing." you said. You had watched him while he was reading, admiring the view and how big-hearted he was. The way he laid here, with you in his arm in the middle of the night, just to make sure you weren't afraid.

„Well, then." he grinned, kissed your forehead and continued reading. You grabbed his hand which was resting on your arm and snuggled closer to it, calming down while listening to your boyfriend's voice.

 You grabbed his hand which was resting on your arm and snuggled closer to it, calming down while listening to your boyfriend's voice