(RQ. 27) [2] Oscar Piastri

Requested by LilyHeseltine123  I hope you like it! x

P.O.V.: You're a McLaren driver

: You're a McLaren driver

"No no no sorry! I just-... I honestly didn't think you even knew my name."

"Hey, Y/N!" Lando, your teammate, called after you. You turned around and smiled. "Hey." you greeted him.
"On your way to the garage?" he asked, smiling back at you. "Yep." Lando nodded and to tuck his arm into yours. "Wonderful. Me too." he grinned. You just chuckled at him.

Lando is your first teammate in Formula One, as it's your rookie season. You were part of the McLaren junior team and had the chance to get a Formula One seat. It was hands down the luckiest day of your life. Ever since you met Lando, he's been very nice and supportive of you.

"Have you seen the Formula Two race?" you asked him on your way to the garage. Oscar Piastri won it, and you were very happy about that.

"Uh, yes. Not everything but I saw the last few laps." he said, and you started talking about it until you arrived at the garage. Lando loosened his arm from yours and made his way to his part of the garage. "See you later, Y/N/N!" he shouted.
"See you!" you shouted back and chuckled.

"Hey! Oscar!" you called his name as you saw him walking through the paddock. He turned around and saw you jogging in his direction. "Hey." Oscar said but furrowed his eyebrows slightly. You didn't know if you did anything wrong, because he didn't seem to be the happiest seeing you. "Is everything okay? Have I done something?" you asked concerned.

A little nervously you played with your fingers. You really wanted him to like you. You were always a bit afraid that the Formula 2 drivers thought, that you thought you were better than them because you were so young and already racing in Formula One. Most of them were older than you, which wasn't difficult because you weren't even twenty yet. Coming into Formula One at nineteen years old was not really common.

"No no no sorry! I just-... I honestly didn't think you even knew my name."

You were surprised. You would have expected anything but this. You smiled a little before you  said, "Of course I do.".

Oscar chuckled. "You know, you're driving for McLaren, I'm driving in Formula 2..."

You smiled shyly. It sounded quite different from the others who had already said that to you. When he did, it almost sounded like a compliment.
"Oh no, I actually wanted to congratulate you. Your race was amazing." you said, your enthusiasm couldn't be overheard. When you realized that, you blushed a little.You had had a crush on Oscar for some time now.

"Thank you." he smiled, an honest smile. Actually he didn't even think about you, a Formula One driver, watching his race. You smiled at him and started talking a bit about the race with Oscar. You were surprised at how calm you stayed, talking to him. Although you were sure your cheeks had definitely turned into a light shade of red.

"Hey, uhm, if you don't have anything left to do... Would you like to take a walk with me? Of course only if you have time, I don't want to-" he started, obviously a bit nervous. A smile formed on your lips, and you interrupted him mid-sentence.

"I'd love to. I just have to go to Andreas. But that won't take more than five minutes or something. Should we meet here again in like, ten minutes?" you asked him, hoping he was fine with it.

"Sure." he smiled at you. Your smile appeared back on your face as you nodded, "See you in ten minutes, then.". 

After the walk, which was wonderful, he gave you his number, so you could 'meet more often' as he said with a wink. Oscar was different from the rest. He didn't once mention your seat in F1, because that's what most people usually did when they had a conversation with you. You talked about your free time, what each of you liked to do and what not so much.

You learned things about him that made you burst out in laughter while he smiled himself. Smiling, because he thought it was unbelievable for him now what he had done then, but more because your laughter made him happy. It made him happy that he was the reason why you laughed or even smiled.

And that walk was only the beginning of a beautiful relationship.