(RQ, Part 1) [3] Daniel Ricciardo

Request by madridisimo I hope you like it! x

It's a little long, so I decided to split it into two parts. Have fun!

"It's just not the same anymore

"It's just not the same anymore..."

This whole week, it didn't feel the same around Daniel. He was tensed and found excuses for not spending time with you. He cancelled your date, the date that was his idea.

You were in the living room when Daniel said the thing, you were most scared of.

"It's just not the same anymore." Daniel said out of nowhere. You just looked at him, not able to say anything but, "What do you mean?".

"At the beginning, you know, we were this newly in love couple. I don't know what happened but... it has become monotonous." he said with his thick Australian accent.

An incomprehensible rage rose up in you. The part of you that wanted to forgive him everything, that wanted to have him by your side forever, was flooded with sheer rage.

"Oh, so you know how it feels like to wait for your boyfriend all night, just to discover he spent the night out with his boys enjoying looking at other women? I don't think so, Daniel!"

"Oh c'mon, Y/N! That happened once!" he argued. Your brows rose up and your jaw nearly dropped. "Once?" you asked him outraged. "Once is enough Daniel! And don't you forget all the other times you came home at, who knows when from who knows where!"

He knew you had the fear of becoming 'boring' in all this glam and excitement he called his life, ever since you started dating. Hearing him now saying exactly that, that you became boring, hurt you more than anything.

"You know what, Daniel? If I'm this boring, maybe I should go." You said dangerously calm, not giving him a chance of saying anything. Without another word, you turned away and got out of your shared apartment in Monaco.
You heard him calling after you but you didn't turn back.
The next day, your things were already gone. You packed everything you needed and drove to your parents' home, luckily not far away from where you lived.

The next weeks, you just continued living your life. Your job was more demanding than ever, especially now that the Formula One season started soon. You worked for a sports channel as its moderator. There was a lot to prepare and the pre-reports were a lot of work.

But when you were alone, when the rush died down, you were anything but fine.

You felt empty. Like a part of you was missing. Daniel was missing.

The way he acted, the way he treated you. This wasn't your Daniel. The Daniel you knew was caring, loving and always made you smile. One day he came home drunk from a night out with his friends, and somehow you felt like he lost the real Daniel on this night.

It's been almost three months that have gone by. You still lived with your parents, not wanting to spend your time and energy on finding another apartment in Monaco. It's been almost three months without seeing Daniel, kissing him and just be happy with him by your side.

There was this one time, you saw him. Not on purpose, of course. You wanted to get your favourite drink after work and went to the café you once discovered with Daniel. Just because you and Daniel had a fight, you didn't want to give it up. You thought that Daniel was training at the time, knowing his time schedule, but little did you know he was too busy trying to find a way to win you back and had skipped his training.

You walked past him when you left the café, taking a sip of your drink. When you looked up at him, you got nervous and quickly made your way out, not wanting to talk to him. Daniel's eyes got wide when he saw you, at first he thought he was hallucinating.

Without even thinking about the coffee he wanted to order, he ran after you, but could only see you hurrying around the corner.

Daniel ran his hand through his hair in desperation and lowered his head. How could he have messed things up with you like that? He didn't know why he had behaved like that.

Only when you were gone, and he was lying in your shared bed without you by his side, staring at the ceiling, he realized how he had treated you. He had been acting like an asshole, not just for a few days.

You looked at Daniel once more and could see him ruffling his hair before you quickly turned around the corner.

Of course, there were rumours about a breakup. You could literally read it on every social media platform.

"Daniel Ricciardo: single again?"

"Is the love gone? Daniel Ricciardo on the road without his girlfriend Y/N Y/L/N"

It didn't make things easier, and you couldn't help but read through all the articles.

"Y/N? Can I talk to you for a moment?" your boss asked you. "Yes, sure." you answered and followed him into his office.

In less than a week, the new Formula One season would begin. Around this time some new positions were awarded, so your fear of being fired was not too great. There were probably only a few small changes in the studio.

When you got to his office and sat down on a chair in front of his desk, he pulled out a ticket. A plane ticket to be precise.

"I want you to fly to Melbourne for the seasoning opener with some others of the team. I think that we will gain more viewers if we report live from the race." he said and handed you the plane ticket.

With wide eyes, you looked at him and could not believe what he had just said to you. "Is that okay for you?" he asked again, and you pulled yourself out of your thoughts to nod. "Of course."

Normally you've only ever been in the studio, it was rare that you were one of the reporters actually at the track. But being at the track, you would definitely see Daniel again.

Oh god, oh god, oh god. You couldn't think clearly when you walked back to your desk, the ticket in your hand. You kept glancing at it, slightly worried.

 You kept glancing at it, slightly worried