(RQ. 15, 54) [3] Daniel Ricciardo

Request by mishkatakava I hope you like it x 

For anyone who didn't know (because I didn't too): 

"I'm pregnant

"I'm pregnant."  "Let's have a baby." 

 You accompanied Daniel this weekend, especially because it was his home GP. Daniel was in great demand this race weekend, with screaming fans, photographers, and even mothers with their babies wanting something from him. You walked the first few metres with him into the paddock but by the time you were just outside the hospitality area, you had moved away from him.
The paparazzi and fans had completely taken him over.

Smiling, you made your way to the hospitality, while you could hear Daniel's laughter behind you. In your bag, there was a small box that you wanted to give to him this weekend. You hadn't picked out a special time for it, but before the race, it would be too big of a distraction for him. So you decided to give it to him afterwards.

*

The race went quite well for Daniel, he didn't make it onto the podium, but fifth place wasn't bad at all. You smiled happily at him when Daniel came back into the hospitality. You had been watching the race there and without really noticing it, your hand had kept wandering to your belly.

When he was standing in front of you, he took you in his arms. Your hands were around his neck as you smiled and looked up at him. Daniel still had his arms around your hips as he gave you a kiss on the lips. It was a quick, intimate kiss.

"You did really good." you complimented him, and he showed you his white teeth as he smiled.
"Thanks. How have you been doing?" he asked, pulling you a little closer. You had to tilt your head a little more to look at Daniel. "Good. I've been watching you, as usual." you chuckled and shrugged your shoulders.

"I have to go back to the fans really quick. But I'll be back in a minute, and we can go." Daniel said. You gave him a smile, and he kissed you goodbye.

You unzipped your handbag and looked at the small box. Now you would be able to give it to him at any moment. Your heart skipped a beat at the thought of it. Nevertheless, you zipped it up again for now.

When you arrived at the hotel, you let the door close with a sigh. Tired, you leaned against it and took your bag off to put it on the sideboard. You hadn't been in the room for even ten minutes when Daniel suddenly turned to you and looked at you intensely. You raised your eyebrows and gave him a questioning look from the door.

"Let's have a baby." he simply said.

Perplexed, you stared at him and didn't know what to say at first. "I mean it. I love you and when I saw those little beings today... I want a little you or me."
You pushed away from the door with your hands and took the box out of your pocket. You had to grin, but he noticed it was not entirely because of what he said.

"I was going to tell you before the race, but I didn't know if it would have distracted you too much." you started as you walked towards Daniel. Now it was his turn to look at you with narrowed eyebrows. You handed him the box and looked at him with a smile.
"Go on, open it." you said, giggling, as he looked as if he no longer understood the world.
And he really didn't. Daniel could not think of any reason why you would hand him a box in response to such a statement from him.

When he took the lid off, he could hardly believe his eyes. Inside this little box was everything it took to bring tears to Daniel's eyes. You had put a small body inside and right next to it, the positive pregnancy test.

"I'm pregnant." you said with a huge smile on your lips. Tears came to your eyes too, maybe it was the hormones, or maybe it was just Daniel's joy, his tears and the endless love you could see in his eyes. He carefully took the pregnancy test in his hand and looked at it in disbelief. "Really?" he whispered. "Yes." you laughed, tears still glistening in your eyes.

Daniel placed the box on the bed next to you and took you in his arms. He lifted you up, and you wrapped your legs around his torso. It didn't take a second before his lips were on yours, and he kissed you deeply. "I love you, so much." he said softly between your kisses and immediately put his lips on yours again.

"I love you." you returned as he gently set you down on the bed. Daniel knelt in front of you on the bed and put his lips on your belly. He kissed it gently and spoke softly, "Hey, baby. It's your Daddy."
A tear ran down your cheek and you smiled. "You probably can't even hear me yet, but you can definitely feel it." he continued.
"I love you so much already, you can't even imagine." You ran your hand through his dark curls, and he sat down next to you. Daniel's arms wrapped around you, and you rested your head on his shoulder. "That was the best surprise I've ever got." Daniel said happily.

"We wanted it to be very special." you replied with a grin. When you said "we" it felt good, different and totally weird but wonderful.

He kissed you on the hair and pulled you back on the bed with him. "Soon we'll have a little 'we' here with us. Just imagine it. A little baby."

You had to smile as you imagined a baby, your child, in Daniel's arms. It was one of the most beautiful imaginings there was for you. "A little Ricciardo." you giggled and Daniel joined in. "Little Ricciardo and I are going to paint the paddock red, you'll see." Daniel said, laughing and pulling you closer to him.

" Daniel said, laughing and pulling you closer to him