(RQ. 79) [3] Daniel Ricciardo

Requested by Sc00ters I hope you like it x

(Thanks for letting me use this as a prompt!)
This is a looong one, but I hope you enjoy it anyway haha (1700+)

Also, I know nothing about the rules at a karting track so I'm sorry if something is (completely) wrong...

Y/B/N = Your brothers name

"You want to stop staring at her?"

Today there was a charity event that Daniel had to attend. He had agreed to take part in a kart race at a local kart track in Perth some time ago. But it wasn't really a race, because most of the kids weren't older than ten. He just wanted to have fun with them, and he hadn't been karting himself for a while.

The owner of the track was an older man with the strongest Australian accent imaginable. He greeted Daniel and Michael, who accompanied him, in a friendly manner and told them about how excited all the children were already. Daniel laughed and joked, "I can't wait either. I hope no one overtakes me though.". The owner laughed and led them to the children who were already waiting.

"Please be quiet for a moment." you asked the children, who were already whispering excitedly. You had known most of them for a while now and they actually all listened to you, so the whispering quietened down.

"Are you excited already?" you asked with a grin, although the question was quite unnecessary. "YEsss." you heard in chorus and had to giggle. "Now, if Mr Ricciardo is going to arrive, please behave yourselves, okay? No yelling when someone is talking and don't be rude." you instructed them, and they all nodded excitedly. "Have fun." you smiled at them, "I'll be by the benches as usual." you added, so everyone knew where you were in case of any trouble.

At first, you had seen the job at the kart track as a summer job, but now you couldn't imagine yourself not working there. The children were just as enthusiastic about motor sports as you were, although the youngest of them weren't even nine years old yet. A lot of the kids grew up watching Formula One since an early age, and they had that as their biggest dream.

After a few hours packed with laughter, shouting and, above all, racing against Daniel Ricciardo, the children were allowed to ask him questions or take pictures. Michael was more Daniel's personal photographer than his coach that day, and took picture after picture. Of course, it wasn't just normal pictures, because Daniel couldn't resist making funny faces.

"Mr Ricciardo?" one of the little boys asked, looking up at Daniel. "Just call me Daniel." he grinned at him and the boy nodded proudly. "Alright, Daniel." he grinned. "Ehm, can I ask you something?". Daniel's lips twisted into a smile, and he nodded, "Of course.".

"Do you have a stuffed animal with you when you're in other countries?". This question made Daniel laugh, and he tousled the boy's hair. "No, I don't. But I always have my own pillow with me, does that count?" he asked back and grinned. The little boy made a thoughtful face and shrugged his shoulders. "Alright.".