(RQ) [23] Alex Albon

Requested by maxienlando I hope you like it x 

"Alex, I think the baby is coming." 

You and Alex were married for a year, and now you were expecting your first child.

It's been very emotional when you told Alex about it. He just came back from a race week, and it was pretty late in the evening. You had found out a few days earlier because your period was late, and you felt like something was different, so you bought a pregnancy test. You had planned a surprise to let him know that he is going to be a Dad and your excitement rose with every second.

You had bought a bodysuit with the imprint "Daddy's #1 Fan" and the positive pregnancy test wrapped up in it. When Alex came home and sat down on the couch with you, you gave him the little bundle, and he curiously took it from you.

When he understood what the test meant, he had to fight back tears. But in the end, he couldn't hold them back.

Since then, he had spoiled you even more than usual and was always on the lookout for anything that might not be good for you. He was the perfect dad from the moment he saw the positive test.

Usually you went to Alex's races a few times, but you both didn't want to take the risk of flying. So you stayed at home and cheered for him from the TV screen.

Of course, your absence was noticed by a few people in the paddock with whom you got on well. Alex of course told them when they asked him about it, and he was also asked about you now and then in interviews. It was funny, as soon as you weren't by Alex's side for a few races, the press was already running their mouths about it, which quickly calmed down again after Alex's told them about your pregnancy.

You wanted the gender of your baby to be a surprise, actually, it was Alex's idea, and you loved it. You didn't want to only buy pink or blue clothes, depending on the gender of the baby. Instead, when you bought a few things for the baby, you didn't at all thought about it being a 'boy colour' or a 'girl colour'.

You snuggled up to Alex as best you could with your very pregnant baby bump. Your baby had hardly been active during the day, but you had been plagued by bad back pain. The soft bed and Alex's warmth did you good and relaxed you a little.

Until you had a contraction. You startled and had to gasp deeply. It was a sort of pain you had never felt before. You looked at Alex, who was sleeping quietly next to you. You touched his arm lightly, but when you had another contraction, your hand automatically tightened around his arm. He opened his eyes and looked at you worriedly.

"Alex-" you started. You were hit by another wave of pain. He brushed a loose strand from your face and tried to support you. "I think the baby is coming," you said, looking into his eyes.

"Shh, Babe. You got this." he said calming.

Alex helped you wherever he could. You had already packed a bag for the hospital together and were prepared for everything. He swung the bag over his shoulder and propped you up as walking was becoming harder and harder with each contraction.

You wouldn't have wished for anything different when you arrived at the hospital. Alex was a helpful support and managed to calm you down a bit. He kept stroking your hair, you loved it when he did that, and held your hand. With every contraction you squeezed his hand, you squeezed really hard, but he never once complained or wanted to let go of your hand for a moment. 

Alex whispered to you softly, "You can do this babe. You are so strong." as you felt a tear run down your cheek. You looked up at him, your face pained. You could see so many emotions on his face at that moment; joy, excitement, nervousness.

You had made it. You had brought a healthy baby boy into the world. He laid on your chest, and you looked down at him in love. Alex's hand was intertwined with yours, and he had tears in his eyes as he laid next to you. "He is so beautiful." you whispered. A tear ran down your cheek too, but Alex quickly wiped it away and kissed you on the lips. "I love you so much," he said softly, looking into your eyes with so much gratitude. "I love you too."

Alex carried the Maxi-Cosi into his family's living room, where you were already sitting with the others.
"May I introduce to you?" Alex asked with a smile and took off the burp cloth that was supposed to protect the baby from the sun.
"James Luca Albon." he said proudly.

You chose the middle name Luca because of Alex's brother. You loved the idea because they've had a bond ever since you were pregnant. Luca was often talking to your belly and your baby boy kicked his foot as if they were communicating.
Luca was so excited to be an uncle, and it was just so adorable how he tried to be as prepared as possible.

The cats looked up at Alex curiously while Tino jumped off your lap and ran to him. You chuckled at the sight.

"Wait... did you say Luca?" Alex brother asked.
"Yes." Alex grinned from side to side, and you also looked at Luca with a wide smile. "Named after his uncle." you added.

You could see the tears in Luca's eyes when he held his nephew as carefully as possible, as if not to break him. Alex sat beside you and had his arm placed around your shoulder, drawing little shapes on your arm.

Alex's Mum and his sisters took James in their arms and all looked at him, totally in love. When Zoe had James in her arms and had sat down with him and the other two siblings on the couch next to you, Alex's mother took you in her arms. You rested your head against her shoulder.

"You did such a great job." she said and took you in her arms. "He's-" she began, but had to fight back tears. "Thank you for blessing me with such a wonderful grandson." she said and a tear was running down her cheek as she hugged you. "Thank you for already being such a great grandma." you whispered.

You watched Alex sit down with his siblings, looking down proudly and infinitely in love at your baby boy, who was safely nestled in Zoe's arms.