[18] Lance Stroll

It's been a crazy race today, bizarre. I am so glad Romain is alright! It was horrifying watching it happen and it would be a lie if I said I didn't cry, even now that I know he's alright. It's a reminder of how dangerous this sport is and we can be so so grateful that Romain is still with us!♡ And as if that wasn't enough Lance flipped and Checo got a DNF... I'm so grateful that everyone is doing good, let's hope the last two races are a bit more chilled...

"You did amazing

"You did amazing."

You were working for Haas for some time now. You enjoyed being a part of the Formula 1 team and the atmosphere was just amazing. It was everything you dreamed of since you were a kid.

You met Lance for the first time when you brought Magnussen and Grosjean to the drivers meeting. It was pretty cold already so all of you were wearing winter jackets and hats. You guided the two Haas drivers to the front door of the small building and wished them a good meeting. Just before you wanted to leave, to get back to the facility, you saw him. He was wearing his pink hat and Racing Point jacked. His gaze found yours and no matter how cheesy it may sound, at that moment your world turned a bit slower. He smiled at you before entering the meeting room and so did you. Suddenly it wasn't as cold as it's been before and you felt a hot wave take hold of you. What you didn't see though, is that Magnussen and Grosjean saw the looks you two were giving each other.

After the drivers meeting, you waited in front of the small building, to get them back to the hospitality. They were one of the last to come out but you didn't think anything of it.

So long story short, the two were setting you and Lance up and it worked. Since that, it's been almost three months. You were secretly dating Lance Stroll and you two couldn't be happier. The only downside was the 'secret' part. You weren't ready to make it official. You were a bit scared as to how everyone would react, the press, the fans. And you were concerned about his Dad. You weren't poor but imagine dating the son of a billionaire and then meeting his Dad himself. It kind of scared you, what if he didn't like you because you weren't good enough for his son? Lance told you that his Dad would love you, but you had your doubts.

The race this week was in Italy again. It was going okay for Haas although Magnussen was out, but Grosjean was still in and being P12 wasn't as bad as it could've gotten. You followed the race over at the Haas garage and heard the commentator as he almost screamed, "Here comes Lance Stroll on Kimi Raikönnen. Lance Stroll is gonna have to go the long way around on the second chicane, Kimi Raikönnen jams on the breaks, they get within millimetres of touching and Lance Stroll at the second chicane passes Kimi Raikönnen!"

You were crossing your fingers the whole race and couldn't hold back a quiet "Yes babe." He did it, Lance finished 3rd and you wished you could just run to his garage to kiss him. You were beyond proud and the big smile on your face wouldn't go away any time soon. Magnussen was passing you by when he saw you sitting on the high stool watching your boyfriend on the podium. "Congratulations, Y/N" he whispered to you with a smile, so that no one would notice. "Thanks, KMag." you smiled back and patted his shoulder, "It's gonna go better for you next time." you encouraged him. He just winked and went back to his drivers' room.

It was getting dark and the teams were packing up, so you all could leave by tomorrow morning. Lance texted you earlier, to meet him at the track when you were finished with work. As you turned around the corner you could see him. Standing there in his Racing Point jacket, just as he was when you two met for the first time.

A loving smile formed on your face as you saw him. He didn't see you yet but turned around when you started running towards him. You wrapped your arms around his neck and he held you close by your waist. At this moment you felt like you two were the only people at the paddock. "You did amazing." you almost whispered, still smiling. He was also smiling and you could sense his pride through it.

"Thank you, baby." You had to hold yourself back like crazy to not run to him straight onto the podium. Sitting in the Haas garage was like torture. And now that he was standing there, his hands on your waist, you couldn't hold it back any longer and kissed him. He cupped your face in his hands and kissed you back with all of his love. You could hear the dismantling work and the trucks, but it seemed so far away right now. You could smell his shower gel and the part of his scent that was just... him. His hands wandered to hold your face and he gently stroked your cheeks with his thumbs.

"Lance, where... oh." You quickly parted and your eyes widened when you saw who was interrupting you. Lawrence Stroll was standing just meters away from you. You played with your hands behind your back, your heart beating faster than usual. You looked up at Lance when he put his arm around your shoulder and held you close.

"Dad, this is Y/N." he said. His Dad had a small grin on his face, he wasn't surprised by what he just saw. He saw the looks you were giving each other, whenever they passed her at the paddock and when the teams were allowed to be beside the cars before a race. Lance and you always thought that you were quite good at this whole 'secret dating' thing, and you were, there was no doubt. But a father could sense that his son was in love when he was smiling like crazy at a girl that's just walking past his car.

Lawrence was pretty glad his son was dating a girl as down to earth as you were. His son could use that."Nice to meet you, Sir." you said a bit shy, reaching out to shake Lawrence Stroll's hand. He took your hand in both of his and gave it a gentle squeeze. "Right back at you. Oh, and by the way, Lawrence is good."

At that moment you just felt enormously relieved. Lawrence Stroll accepted you and, no matter what others may think of it, you would like to cry with relief right now. You smiled at him. "Thank you, Sir... Lawrence." He laughed and nodded. Lance's arm was still over your shoulder, his hand drawing small circles on your arm. "I will leave you two alone then. Have a good night, Y/N" he said goodbye and you did so too. "See you tomorrow Dad!" Lance called after his Dad, who just raised his hand from behind. 

When he was gone you let out a sigh and Lance turned around to hold you by your waist again. He looked down at you and grinned. "You know, you look good in your gear Y/N, too bad it says Haas and not Racing Point." You just giggled and playfully hit him on the chest. "Haha." you said, a small grin on your lips. You were standing on your tiptoes, arms wrapped around his neck, to kiss Lance again. But this time, no one was interrupting you.

 But this time, no one was interrupting you