Chapter 88

Chapter 88

Hunter sat down in the empty seat next to Anna.

“Thank you for coming in today,” Preston began. “As you are aware, you are being transferred to the Melbourne branch of our organisation due to an opening for a new architect,”

Hunter nodded.

“Your shifts and pay will be the same. Assuming you maintain your acceptance, you will have an interview in Melbourne next week, and supposing you are approved of, you shall begin work the following day. Since you did not apply for this job transfer yourself, I have to investigate reasoning for the reports,”

Hunter nodded again. Preston continued.

“It has come to my attention that you have made a few of your colleagues uncomfortable in the workplace. What do you have to say regarding this?”

Hunter shot Anna a half-disguised glare.

“Sir, I would say that the allegations are grossly exaggerated,”

“Mr Tasman, I have heard that you have made wild accusations against your colleagues resulting in them feeling discomfort,” Preston said. Hunter remained silent. “Anna here has explained it all to me. I could consider terminating your contract for colleague harassment, but Ms Charles has vouched for your character, saying that your beliefs do not affect your productivity. In this end, I have decided that transferral would be ideal – you would no longer have the tension of associating with Ms Charles, and Miss Mills, but would do this company a favour by filling a spot down in Melbourne. I will warn you, Mr Tasman, if you do not accept this transferral, I cannot guarantee the safety of your position here in this branch.”

Hunter frowned. He seemed to realise something. He turned to Anna.

“This is your fault, isn’t it? You made the transferral application for me. What did she tell you, sir? I am not crazy!”

“Your beliefs would not normally concern me, but when you impact other employees…”

Hunter seemed to forget where he was and whom he was talking to momentarily.

“Sir, mermaids exist! I had proof!”

Preston raised an eyebrow, “Proof?”

Hunter’s eyes widened, “Never mind,” he muttered. “I don’t have it now. Jessie Mills is a mermaid though, mark my words.”

“See what I mean sir, he is obsessed with this crazy idea,” Anna said. Hunter glared at Anna. Anna realised she should have kept her mouth shut.

“I bet you’re one of them too,” Hunter accused desperately. “I bet that if I got water on you, you would run out of here and transform into the fishy creature you are,”