Chapter 107

Chapter 107

''The necklace, it's around his neck,' She revealed to the others. 'How on earth are we going to get it now?'

OoOoO

The girls followed Ryan's boat. They would have to try again over night, while he slept. They were all getting very tired. They had been pretty much nonstop swimming for the last few days. They needed a break, unfortunately, they had a mission to carry out.

Finally, Ryan arrived at one of the bigger islands and docked. Ryan went ashore for a few hours or so, before returning to his boat. The girls were disappointed to notice that he still had the valuable item on his neck. His going ashore did give them time for a well-needed break. They slept for a few hours, Anna volunteering to keep watch, she also kept an air bubble open around their heads so that they wouldn't accidentally breathe the water in. Cleo took over watching once Ryan returned, allowing Anna her sleep. Khasha was still enjoying being able to explore away from her home.

They waited until it was about two in the morning before making a move. That way Ryan would surely be asleep, and the locals would not be out and about. The plan was to send Jessie on board to try and take the necklace off him. Ryan did not know her, so it would be best for them to go in case they were caught.

OoOoO

Jessie clambered on board the boat as quietly as possible. She lifted the water off her body and she was dry soon after. Now in human form, she moved towards the door. Anna swam close to the boat on standby in case something went wrong. The others were resting below the wharf.

Jessie used her powers to move water into the lock, she then turned it into gel and brought the gel water towards her.

A water key. So cool.

Jessie hardened the water and caught the created key.

Jessie inserted her key into the lock. Taking a breath, she turned the key. She grinned as the door opened. Totally illegal, but a cool skill to know about. Whenever the mermaids used ice and heat to contract and expand the metal of locks until they broke, it was incredibly obvious that something had happened to it. A key made of water? Probably made it very difficult to identify what had opened the door, if anyone had noticed.

Carefully, she explored the small cabin. They had small hopes that maybe Ryan had put the necklace away in a case while he slept...maybe he wasn't that paranoid?

Unfortunately, that was not the case. The necklace was still safely hung around Ryan's neck.

Operation Water Tentacle was in effect.

Jessie stretched her hand out and a thin water tentacle made its way towards Ryan.

Very carefully, she divided the head of the tentacle into four parts. They were lucky – Ryan was sleeping on his side.

The four tentacles approached Ryan's neck. Jessie made two of them gently undo the clasp on the back, and the other two hold the front sections.

Jessie grimaced with concentration.

With excruciating slowness, Jessie lifted the necklace from Ryan.

OoOoO

Something felt wrong. Ryan was drifting back to consciousness. The weight around his neck that had started to feel so familiar was missing. What did that mean?

His half-asleep brain finally registered. Someone was trying to steal the necklace from him, like he had feared.

OoOoO