Chapter 81

Chapter 81

Hunter left the building with a victorious grin on his face. He had proof. Now, all he needed to do was find someone to buy it from him, to find someone who would show the world that mermaids existed. He would prove to his brother that he was not crazy. When he arrived at his home, he opened his laptop and went straight to google, searching for scientists and researches specialising in mythical creatures, mermaids in particular. Hunter realised that he would need to find a scientist. The public probably would not believe a story from a fanatical researcher. This narrowed his search down. Now, what kind of scientist would have an interest in a mermaid? A Marine biologist perhaps?

The majority of scientists that came up in the search were in America and in the United Kingdom. It would take time to get a hold of them. He wanted someone local, an Australian scientist or institute. Adding ‘Australian’ in the search engine, Hunter scrolled down the search results. An outsider would probably make a joke at how well his name suited his actions. A certain name kept coming up.

‘Dr Linda Denman is looking for any information or evidence regarding mythical sea creatures, in particular mermaids. Anything promising will be greatly rewarded.’ This site was listed from 2013, over 12 years earlier. Hunter hoped she was still looking for evidence. It was a long shot, but Hunter clicked on the contact information for this Marine Biologist, Dr Denman. He would call the Denman Oceanographic Institute the next day.

“Hello, yes I would like to book an appointment to see, Dr Linda Denman…I have some important information to share with her,”

OoOoO

Hunter sat in the reception area of the Denman Oceanographic Institute, holding a folder with the printed photos inside.

“Mr Tasman? Dr Denman is ready to see you now,” the receptionist said.

Linda Denman was sitting at her desk when the young man entered her office.

“Welcome, Mr Tasman, please sit down,” Denman said, shaking his hand.

“It is an honour to meet you, Dr Denman,” Hunter said. “Please, call me Hunter,”

“Alright Hunter, I heard that you have something important and ‘truly ground-breaking,’ to share with me, what is this about? My receptionist said that you practically begged for this appointment.”

“Shall I start from the beginning?”

“That’s always good,” Denman said