Chapter 120

Chapter 120

Lewis frowned as he examined the darkening sky.

"It doesn't look good, does it?" Cleo commented, arriving at her husband's side and wrapping one arm around his back.

"No," Lewis said. "The forecast said that we are expected a big storm in a few days – but it looks like it is coming early,"

"We'll have to postpone the beach volleyball, it is getting quite windy," she responded as a strong wind made the trees groan.

"Probably a good plan, the wind is definitely picking up" Lewis replied.

"I'll go break the bad news to the kids," Cleo said, kissing his cheek as she left.

OoOoO

An hour later torrential rain hammered the village. The older kids were camped out at the Dove household playing board games together. After a few hours, everyone met in the dining hall for dinner. The water movers sheltered everyone by holding the rain off them as they walked to and from the dining hall. It was one of the benefits of doing everything together. After dinner, Lewis, Will, Zane and Ash did the storm proofing in their rain gear - securing everything that might have blown away or been damaged. The kids returned to the Dove household to continue their board games.

"Not another two!" Jennifer groaned as the dice landed on a two yet again. When playing Snakes and Ladders you didn't want to roll the low numbers.

"Haha," Charlie said with a grin. "I'm way ahead now,"

Jake rolled the dice. Quietly he moved six spaces, gaining on Charlie.

"Your turn, Charlie," Jake said as he handed the dice over.

Charlie shook the dice for longer than necessary. She finally let it go. It was a five.

"Oh no," Charlie whinged. She had to go down the longest snake on the board.

"You asked for it," Leila laughed, pushing her twin's shoulder gently.

The wind whistled loudly as it blew past the gel houses.

"Once you finish that game, it'll be time to go and get ready for bed," Emma said.

"Awww," chorused the children.

"Mum, can't we play on more game?" Eric asked.

"Not tonight, honey, I think we should all be in bed with this storm," Emma replied. "You can always play another game tomorrow,"

"Okay," Eric replied.

About ten minutes later, Jake ended up winning. This started the slow exodus to each family house. It was slow because the kids tried to pull every excuse or delay in the book.

"We can't go home because of the rain! We'll grow tails!" Charlie whined. Emma rolled her eyes.

"Charlie, we went through the rain to dinner. We go through the rain all the time. Alright, no more excuses!" Emma said. "Jenny, can you please make sure everyone gets home without getting wet?"

"Yep," Jennifer nodded.

"See, you'll be fine," Emma said to Charlie.

Jenny, Jake, Leila and Charlie left Eric's home, and went out into the storm. Jenny held the water away from the group. The rain looked like it was hitting an invisible wall above and around the kids. Jenny dropped Jake off first, and then walked with Charlie and Leila toward the Bennett household.

Rikki opened the door for them as she saw them approaching.

"Who won the last game after dinner?" she asked.