Chapter 62: Control

Chapter 62

No! This was a normal person's house. How was he going to explain this?

'Cleo, you may want to send Anna or Rikki over as well – it's getting a little wet in here…' Jacob communicated frantically. Should he let the water invade or create jelly? Jelly it was. Jacob used his powers on the water filling the house solidifying it. It was a weird spectacle – oozing goo had filled the hallway but somehow it was still approaching.

OoOoO

Everyone had been alerted to the fact that powers were awry and that Jennifer was moonstruck and attacking Jake's friend's house. Rikki was going to go when Fi started crying for food. Therefore, Anna and Cleo swam quickly to the mainland passing Lewis who had left a few minutes beforehand.

'We're on our way, Jake.'

OoOoO

"Jen? You need to stop honey," Cleo began, "The moon is making you do this. Try to focus…" She was cut off when her daughter turned around abruptly and began to shoot water from both palms at them. They got into action. Cleo and Anna used their powers to counteract the streams of powerful water.

"How is the water coming from her palms?"

"I have no idea." Cleo replied breathlessly.

'Anna, Cleo, I need help.' Jake's voice entered their minds.

"Can you look after her?" Anna asked.

"I'll do my best."

While Jennifer was distracted, Anna walked moved closer to the door. She felt herself gain a hold on the water inside the house.

'Jake, I need you to slowly de-gel the water. I have it in my grip.'

Jacob did this and Anna felt the full weight of the water as it struggled to continue flooding the house. Her hand shook with the weight. Using the other, she began to evaporate the water. Soon it was as if nothing had even happened within the house.

Jake lay down again in his bed. How was he going to get any sleep now?

Cleo and her daughter were still facing off as Anna returned.

"I can't talk any sense into her!" Cleo exclaimed still holding off bursts of water. "Take off your jacket!"

"What?" Anna replied.

"Just do it. Cover her eyes." Cleo replied frustrated. Jennifer stopped using her powers as she struggled against Anna's coat. Cleo pinned Jennifer's arms down and they lay her on the ground. A minute later, she stopped struggling.

"Thank God." Cleo sighed.

Just then, Lewis sprinted over. He came to a stop.

"What did I miss?"

OoOoO

Back on the island, they took the coat off Jennifer's eyes. Lewis had given his to Anna who was freezing on the way back. Cleo had kissed his cheek and said, "What a gentleman." Jennifer's eyes were unfocused and glazed over. Fortunately, the break from the moon's glare had broken the control over her actions. She was tucked into bed and the adults took turns watching her: just in case.

The following morning when the moon had set, the spell was broken. Jennifer blinked. She stretched. What a pleasant sleep. She heard the pit patter of the rain softly falling on the roof. Wait, the last thing she remembered was immersing herself in the bath…It was a full moon! Had she been moonstruck?

"Good morning beautiful," Cleo said, coming in to open the curtains. She giggled laughed inwardly noticing Jennifer's bewilderment. "Why are you looking like a goldfish?"

"What happened last night?" Jennifer asked. "One minute I was…Was I moonstruck?"

"You were. Do you remember anything? I want to know why and how you got moonstruck when you knew you weren't allowed to look or go outside once the moon rose – without us anyway."

"One minute I was getting into the bath…then suddenly I was in the moon pool…but that isn't possible is it?" Jennifer was looking at her mother puzzled.

"Anything is possible when it comes to magic, honey. Regardless of how you got moonstruck, you caused a lot of trouble last night young lady."

"What did I do?"

Cleo proceeded to tell the story. At the conclusion, Jennifer was perplexed as to why she was not in trouble.

OoOoO

"Why does it have to be raining?" Daniel complained at the breakfast table. His father, Ben, had held the rain up to keep his family dry on their way. The McCartneys would be arriving later – they were sorting out what happened last night.

"It is a force of nature, Danny." Ben replied ruffling his hair, "You can play soccer next week. Andrea and Eric are missing their games too."

When everyone had arrived, there was a discussion about what had happened the previous night. After breakfast those who had to go to work did so and the remaining adults and the kids, headed to the moon pool to test out their powers - this was excluding Cleo (she was looking after the babies – her son Hayden and Fi) and Bella and Anna (who were picking up Jake. Anna was going along so they would not have to worry about keeping the rain off them.) The moon pool was very crowded. The younger kids went first – Alex, Jay, Andrea, Stefani, Arianna, Amelia, Madeline, and Natalie. The very youngest, (three year olds) were directed and aided by the adults – Ben, Rikki, Emma, and Will. A/N: You may want to check out my character profile again :P

Their powers went off without a hitch, demonstrating perfect control. Will and Ben took them all back up to the village.

An excited Charlie and Leila, a timid Eric and a nervous Jennifer remained. Jacob would be back soon.

"Okay, I want you to just cause the water to bubble – that's all girls," Rikki told her daughters. They had keenly volunteered to go first. "Focus on your control." She continued, "Leila?"

Leila moved forward, closer to the pool. The water began to bubble slowly as she willed it to, however, all of a sudden fire began shooting from the palm of her hand.

"Mum! How do I shut it off!" Everyone was staring in shock. Leila was trying desperately to control the fire. This was not normal. Jennifer got into action. She began to lift a tentacle of water from the pool and directed it towards Leila. Suddenly, the tentacle and it fell back into the pool. Like Leila she had lost control but this time a different element shot from her hand. A jet stream of water like from a fire hydrant launched. It hit Leila with force and she fell in the pool. The fire was extinguished and she became a mermaid. Rikki considered not using her power seeing what had just happened but someone had to do something about Jenny now. She began to evaporate quickly the stream of water. More kept coming. Summoning all her strength, Rikki pushed against the opposing power. Jennifer fell back into the pool. Rikki bent over puffing.

"Well, that was exciting!" Charlie exclaimed summoning annoyed looks from the others.

At that moment Jacob and Bella came in.

"What did I miss?" he asked with a grin.

A/N: I hope you enjoyed it! Sorry it might seem a bit sloppy nearer to the end - I wrote it in bits and pieces. Also sorry for it taking so long! I'm uploading the next chapter as well to make up for it :-)

Thanks so much to all you loyal followers and readers. I LOVE YOU! It really does make my day to see your comments :-)

A special thanks to: FlorindaBrydon, WriterChick101, ForeverScars, MaddieTomlinson177, jjgirl123101,and  LisaStypayhorlikson for reviewing the previous chapter. Lisa- I admire your dedication and thus, this chapter is dedicated to you.