Chapter 117

Chapter 117

"Time to capture some flags...Starting in 5! 4! 3! 2! 1!"

Team Bubbles vs Team Cracker

"Let's go!" Charlie exclaimed to Andy and Eric.

Giggling, the children weaved through the trees towards the Team Cracker base. They were as subtle as a parade of elephants, crashing through the bush.

Jenny and Rikki moved more carefully between the trees. They were taking a more strategic route to the edge of the boundary. They noticed the Team Bubbles kids further to their left, going straight for their base.

Rikki laughed quietly, shaking her head. It was very like Charlie to be direct and straight to the point. Sometimes with the twins it was like looking into a mirror.

'There it is' Rikki communicated to Jenny, using mindspeak. The duo crouched down, hiding behind some scrub. The enemy base was just ahead.

'I see Uncle Will at the top of the tower,' Jenny said. Rikki nodded.

Rikki was wondering why she couldn't see another defender when Anna appeared from behind the tower. She was patrolling the base of the fort.

'We'll wait a few minutes to see when the best moment to attack will be' Rikki told Jenny.

'Sounds good' Jenny replied.

OoOoO

"Here they come," Ben called out. Ben was at the top of the fort. Jay and Lewis were patrolling the base. Charlie, Andy and Eric were not discrete at all, charging directly at the fort with excited grins on their faces.

"Get ready," Lewis said.

As the kids got close, Ben started to use his powers.

Ben drew water from the air and built a wall of water in front of the fort, in front of his teammates. Once this was high, he drew his hand back before pushing out quickly, palm flat.

Charlie, Andy and Eric had to stop their running abruptly, coming to a halt directly in front of a ginormous ice wall.

"I think this needs a little heat," Charlie giggled. Andy and Eric rolled their eyes.

"That was really lame," Eric laughed.

"But true," Charlie grinned in reply.

Charlie lifted her hand and started melting the ice of the wall.

"I may not be able hold them long," Ben called down, "Be ready,"

"Yep," Jay called back. Lewis pointed his water gun at the where the ice was melting.

Ben continued adding more frozen water and re-freezing the whole structure to frustrate the other team's attacks.

And frustrate it did. Charlie started using her second hand, trying to make a second hole. As soon as the ice melted, Ben's diligent efforts had it re-frozen.

'Andy, try to pull the water out when it is melted,' Charlie said.

Andy nodded.

'Now!'

Andy used her powers to pull the water towards them. However, Ben had noticed and now Andy was fighting for control over it.

Taking a deep breath, Andy pulled with all her might. She grinned as she felt herself winning the water fight. With a gasp, the water came towards her, coming out from the hole in the wall by about a metre. Just as she was about to work on the rest of wall (as Charlie had continued trying to melt it), the whole thing froze solid again.