Chapter 77

Chapter 77

Zane had been absolutely fine since the second electric shock scare, once again filling the gap where he had been sorely missed. It had been Alex and Jay’s sixth birthday the after he had had the MRI scan, so that weekend, he had thrown a mini party for the two of them at the café that hadn’t seen the Bennett’s in a while, inviting the boys’ human friends from school. Bella planned a treasure hunt and other games. Although they loved the party and the presents, they told Rikki later on that the best present was having Daddy back. At that, Rikki felt herself get emotional. It was amazing to have Zane back.

OoOoO

Hunter had left work that day fuming. How could she have melted his phone? How dare she? Why was Anna so protective? She was not even the least bit shocked when her colleague turned into a mermaid before her eyes. How had he fallen for a fish? A fish! He bet that she had been manipulating him the whole time for her own pleasure. Seeing him chase after her. Her boyfriend, that awful man, Alan, probably didn’t even know. The secretive witch.

In his frustration, anger and confusion, Hunter’s thinking got more and more clouded, increasingly insane. He was creating excuses for his behaviour, Jessie’s and blaming everything on the mermaid. As he mulled the skewed information over in his mind, he became increasingly okay with selling Jessie’s identity over to someone. Besides, he wanted the money. He had always wanted a Ferrari. Thinking over again what she had done to his phone, he decided that she was too cowardly to actually hurt him. If she had courage, she would have told and trusted him outright. First, he needed to get proof. A photo or video recording should do it.

OoOoO

Alan opened the door of his home to see the beauty who had been knocking.

“Jessie, what are you doing here? Not that I’m not pleased to see you,” Alan said. Jessie greeted him with a kiss on the cheek before walking past him inside. As she sat on the couch, she got straight to the point.

“I’m in danger,”

Alan’s eyes widened.

“What do you mean, Jess?” he sat down next to her, grasping her hand gently.

“You remember Hunter?”

“How could I forget?” Alan replied in an irritated tone.

“Well, he may have found out what I am…” she trailed off, “And quite possibly might sell the information. We’re hoping that we’ve scared him not to, but I’m not too sure…”