Homeward Bound...

I do not own the TV show H2O Just Add Water

Chapter 27

 Four days later...

 The hot sun had been beating down on them, blistering their skin. They had begun to ration their food and water. Four days later, they were still in the middle of nowhere, no land anywhere. They still had a tin of water left, and a decent handful of fruits but they were not sure if it would last them.

On the third night things had gotten rough, they were glad for the shelter. Two would sleep while one sailed through the storm, controlling the rigging and tiller. The waves were tall, rocking the raft and spilling over the deck. The girls had taken to tying themselves with extra vines to the deck so that they would not be washed overboard. This was due to a certain event...

 Flashback

Rikki was at the helm sailing their raft over the large waves as Anna and Cleo got a little shut-eye.

Just as she tacked, Cleo decided to come onto the deck, with an oomph she was sent flying off the deck as the boom had collided with her head.

“Cleo!” Rikki called out. She loosened the sails fully and dropped the tiller, looking out into the raging oceans. When Anna didn’t wake instantly Rikki grabbed a long extra vine and tied it first to the mast and then around her middle.

“Anna!” she yelled. Finally, she woke. “Cleo’s been washed overboard, take the rudder!”

This got her up and ready for action.

Rikki threw herself off the deck to where she saw Cleo’s unconscious body floating face down. She swam quickly to where her friend was, Anna trying her best to keep the raft from drifting too far. Rikki was thankful that she had adjusted to swimming without a tail back on the island.

She turned Cleo over quickly. “Come on Cleo,”

“Anna! Throw out another rope...No; tie it to the mast first!”

This was quickly tied to Cleo and Anna pulled her in as Rikki pulled her own rope to help herself get back onto the raft. They were soon onboard, wet and cold.

Cleo began to come-to with Anna and Rikki leaning over her. She grimaced and started coughing up water before her eyes fluttered open. Her friends both were relieved. Anna took over the controls and Rikki and Cleo went to have a well-earned rest. From now on they would have ropes tied around their waists and would call out before leaving the shelter.

 End Flashback

 The evening of the fourth night at sea, the storm moved away, clearing a space for the sun to poke through. They were alternating between sailing and rowing. The storm had done some good; they had collected a bit of rainwater – a precious substance.

 The next morning...Their fifth day at sea...

After a coconut each, Anna and Rikki came out of the shelter to relieve Cleo of her task. Rikki would row and Anna would steer. After a few hours, Cleo came out to join them after a brief nap. She blinked, rubbed her eyes and looked again. Were her eyes deceiving her?

“Guys!” she exclaimed. “Land ho!”

They looked and found that Cleo was indeed right, smiles spread across their faces. They rowed towards what looked like civilised land; They could see the white sails of boats on the horizon line. It would be quite a way to go before they reached the land. After an hour of paddling, they were getting closer but were still far away. They lessened the pace and brought out the food and water to have as they went along. The three women took the raft slowly towards the land. A couple of yachts sailed by, their crews giving them strange stares. The trio laughed them off, they were so close to their goal.