Chapter 90

Chapter 90

It was two weeks before the school term started up again on the 27th of January 2026. Cleo suggested going away, seeing new scenery, before the kids were no longer available.

“Where did you want to go?”

“Anywhere really, but I was thinking Fiji – we could swim there,”

“Don’t you think that’s a big ask for the kids? Sure, we’ve done it before but…” Bella replied.

“We could stop in New Caledonia,” Cleo said.

“Who would be going?” Emma asked.

“Well, the mers…and the guys could meet us there if they wanted. It would save us a lot of money to swim. It’s only a three hour flight – surely with turbo speed it would only take us a little longer than that?”

“It’s sounding all a little idealistic,” Lewis said, rubbing his wife’s arm. “Why not do a trip within Australia?”

“I thought it sounded exciting,” Cleo responded, a disappointed look on her face.

“I think we should go,” Rikki said. “It will take longer with kids, but even Fi can breathe underwater – if I carry her through turbo speed then it could work. It would only take a day’s travelling.”

“I for one, don’t have to go,” Zane said. “I think I need to stick around to keep the café running – the summer holidays are when we have the most business.”

After much discussion, it was decided. Cleo, Anna, Emma, Bella and Rikki would be swimming to Fiji along with the kids. They also asked Jessie to come along - she readily accepted. Anna and Jessie had asked their boss, Preston, if they could take the week off. Jessie had been afraid that he would say no – considering the sick days she took off to avoid Hunter. However, Preston had been understanding and encouraging. Anna rarely took time off, so that was easy.

 Ben could not get work off to go with them. All the guys decided that they didn’t need to travel to Fiji for the week; they had been before and decided that they could have time to themselves as men – with a few kids.

The youngest children would be left behind – it would be a difficult trip, and they most likely wouldn’t remember it anyway. Fi was the exception – she was still being breastfed, and would cope fine with the journey if she was strapped to Rikki’s chest. She didn’t need to hold her breath either – with her gills and all.

Jessie, Rikki, Fi, Alex and Jay, Charlie and Leila, Cleo, Jennifer and Andy, Bella, Jacob, Emma, Ariana, Anna and Daniel would be going. All the children below the age of five would remain.