Chapter 104

Chapter 104

"Oh no," Rikki said, covering her eyes with her hand.

"Um...we need to get her some clothes..." Cleo said looking away.

"Ya think?" Rikki said looking at Cleo.

"Let me check..." Bella rummaged through one of the waterproof bags and pulled out a light blue beach dress. "Okay. Khasha, you need to put this on," Bella addressed the tailless mermaid. Khasha gripped the fabric in excitement and threw it over her head. Unfortunately, she got her head stuck in one of the arm-holes and her arm stood up at an awkward angle, all tangled up. Bella gave a sigh and helped her to her feet. She proceeded to help the mermaid into the dress.

"There you go," Bella said. Khasha beamed at her. The scout took a step and her legs wobbled.

"Take it slowly," Jessie commented.

"Maybe she will be a liability," Rikki said, frowning and folding her arms as she watched Khasha's awe as she took her first steps.

"It's something she's always wanted to do, Rikki," Cleo said, nudging her with a smile. "Give her this moment,"

OoOoO

Once Khasha was walking well enough as to not draw too much attention, the group walked up from the beach to the nearby settlement. This area seemed to be a place where a lot of tourists came to and from. They bought food at a foodbar. Khasha was very excited to try 'human' food. Fortunately, everything she said was in mindspeak so she didn't garner any strange looks from fellow humans in the area.

Emma asked the server if they knew where the Cazadores de tesoros were. The server said that they thought they rented a building down next to the docks.

Emma thanked him and returned to the group. After they finished eating, they head towards the docks. They warned Khasha that she couldn't touch water at all, otherwise she would change back to her true form and alert the humans to her presence. Khasha's eyes widened and looked scared. She was not allowed on land, being discovered would damage her livelihood greatly.

They navigated through the docks. Jessie noticed the logo first.

"Over there," she pointed to the building on the pier over.

"You guys stay out here," Rikki said. "It'll look more legit if I go alone,"

"What are you going to do?"

"I'll enquire into the artefact and offer money - don't worry guys, I've dealt with other treasure hunting groups before."

"You sure we can't come?" Cleo asked

Rikki gave her a look.

"Fine," Cleo rolled her eyes.

OoOoO

Rikki opened the door and walked inside.

"Hello?" she called out. "Anyone here?" she asked looking around.

It was a modest wooden building, various pictures of sea treasures recovered by the group lining the walls.

A white, brunette woman came through the door from the back room. She had a polishing rag in-hand. Rikki observed that it seemed that she had been polishing a metal treasure recovered from the local waters.

"Can I help you?" she asked impatiently. The woman sounded like she was from a part of England.

"Yes – this is the Cazadores de tesoros, Fijian base, correct?"