A New Problem

Chapter 61

“Do you want to go out and watch the stars for a bit, Jake?” Aaron asked.

“It’s a bit cold isn’t it?” he replied unconvincingly. Aaron gave him a weird look.

“It’s not like its winter! Look, if you don’t want to, just say so.”

“I’d rather not,” Jacob lied. The truth was he loved the stars. He could point out most constellations – living on Mako where there weren’t street lights allowed the stars to be really clear. It was because of that darn full moon.

“Alright then,” Aaron said. “What would you rather do?”

“Another round of chess?”

“So you can win again? No.” Aaron smirked, “How about snakes and ladders?”

“But there’s no strategy!” Jake protested.

“Exactly,” Aaron grinned. They were inside – exactly how Jake wanted it to be.

OoOoO

Meanwhile, Eric was experiencing a strange phenomenon. He had just frozen his juice to make a Popsicle but now somehow he was in the kitchen by the freezing box.

How on earth? He looked around himself. There was ice all around him on the floor. What had just happened? He bent down to touch the ice when he noticed that his arm was encased in ice. No - his whole body was icy. He couldn’t even feel it. He ran out the door and back to his house. Emma had seen her son vanish into thin air and was standing there in shock.

“Mum!” Eric called as he ran into the room – still slightly icy. The run had melted a lot of it off.

“What on earth…” Emma began.

“I don’t know!” Eric exclaimed.

The ice was now so melted it was mainly water.

“Oh great!” He toppled over as a merman into his mother’s arms.

“I should have thought that through.” Emma said as she too toppled over as a mermaid.  “Ash, honey,” she called out, “Could you bring us a few towels?”

OoOoO

Ten minutes later, Jennifer was turning the tap off, enjoying her bath. Suddenly, she found herself falling into the moon pool.