12 : Frienemies

Daniel's POV

I observed my sis who was curiously looking at myself and my mate with tears. Did she cry?

Reena blinked and answered Natasha's question.

" You-you already know that I'll address your brother as Dark, Nat. "

But Natasha shook her head, not satisfied with my mate's answer.

" We can talk about that later, kiddo. Tell me what happened? Why were you crying before we arrived? " Natasha's head hung down automatically, hiding her tears again.

I lifted her chin and looked at her glossy eyes. What happened to my sister?

" Tell me, bunny. What's wrong? " she hugged me while sobbing again. I turned to Erik aka Rayon to know the reaction for my sister's sudden cry. But he was already focused on something far near the Engardian Forest.

" I was scared to lose Erik, Dan! " she blurted out which made all four of us intensely look at her. I looked at Erik aka Rayon's eyes with a startled expression and also a bit furious as he made my bunny cry. How dare he?!

Author's POV

" Hey Bunny, it's alright. Erik is fine, why did you think of losing him while he's standing in front of you? " Reena asked to cheer her up again.

" I was so scared that I'd lose him anyway, Reena. In the morning, Mi-lton warned me that he'll make me pay for what I did to him and when I found that Erik was nowhere to be seen in the nursing room, I began to cry and I was frightened at the thought of him getting hurt which would lead me to lose him. The-the gunshot was totally terrible and at last when I saw his-his corpse, I was startled and-and got scared at the sight. " Daniel's grip tightened while hearing his sister's soft sobbing. He felt guilty in the thought of not protecting his sister at the right time.

He wasn't there to comfort her. He wasn't there to prevent her from that dead sight. He wasn't there to make her feel secure.

Soon Natasha's cry died down and she fell asleep with the particular secure feeling which only her brother could make her feel.

Daniel lifted her in his arms and walked towards the nursing room. The other three followed him silently not knowing what to say which would definitely interrupt the brother sister's moment, which would trigger Daniel to roar at them.

Natasha slept peacefully knowing that she was in her brother's arms. He laid her on a bed and gave a soft kiss on her forehead.

His eyes instantly moved over to Erik who was looking at both of them with hooded eyes and an unreadable expression plastered over his chiselled face.

Daniel came out of the room and faced Erik.

" Where were you at the time of Mr Milton being murdered?? " Daniel asked with a plain face only to be answered by his mate instead of Erik.

" Why are you asking him, Mr Dark? Erik doesn't know anything. Are you trying to scare him? " Reena asked as if she was a protector coming in front of Erik who was looking at the floor, signalling that he was afraid to look at Daniel.

_Why do these girls believe that I'm the one who's intimidating here? Aissh... Does that famous assassin looks like he's scared? May be his looks can be like that now, but how could they believe him this much that they didn't even know that he's truly acting ?_

Daniel thought while looking at his mate only to be interrupted by his friend Tenison's answer through their mind link.

( Wolves have a connection by heart which is known as the mind link. It would usually be between mates, pack members and friends and family members. )

Monstrous Sarang: World Ukiyo ✔On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara