27 : Cold

Natasha's POV

It was all black around me, when I opened my heavy eyelids. I dragged my hand here and there, not able to get the switches. I rubbed my throbbing head a little after getting up from the bed slowly making my way towards the restroom. 

I washed my face on the basin and blinked at my figure in the mirror.

How did I end up on my bed ? I think maybe after I came home with Erik. Haa, speaking of the devil here comes his memory. 

I really had a cruel dream of Erik being a devil or something like that easily killing some random strangers. Haa, it's just to say that he's really scary looking, all intimidating, you know?

I can't visualise him as someone like that and he couldn't be like that, my Eri– wait, I also confessed to him about my feelings for him in the dream!

I couldn't hold back my smile which creeped up slowly and his memories eventually brought a smile out of nowhere and now I want to see him.

When I was thinking, I suddenly heard something outside my room. It was Daniel calling for Reena. I then remembered something which I wanted to ask. 

I made my way down the hall meeting with the lovers who looked like they were not expecting my sudden appearance. 

" Hey bunny, you're up? " Reena questioned getting out of the trance. " Yes, I'm. Can I get a cup of coffee , please? " I asked, getting to the dining table where Daniel was already seated looking over at some of his office files. 

" Hey, kiddo. Your professor, whose name was Fransis Tenison, came over and wanted to hand you this. " Daniel informed me before handing me my notes which I probably forgot in the university. I looked through it as Reena gave me a cup of coffee. 

Within minutes, Daniel left the house for his night duty which came from nowhere. 

Time skips to Dinner. 

I'm studying for my upcoming internals as it's just a week from now. Erik had prepared everything beforehand and I still didn't go over with a single unit. 

Reena was now baking some cupcakes while humming to a song. Somehow I managed to gather my focus back and forced it on my book, when Daniel burst into the kitchen blowing Reena a kiss on her cheek and myself on my head. 

Reena gave him a cup of coffee when he sat beside me, looking at his phone absolutely searching about some case stuff.

I slowly closed my books and cleared my throat in order to bring their attention to me. But both of the couple were insanely busy with their work as I sighed loudly before clearing my throat again this time much loudly.

" Everybody, I have an announcement. " I clapped my hands and both of the couples' attention came to me. 

" I'm going on a– "

" DON'T TELL ME THAT YOU'RE GOING ON A DATE WITH THAT ERIK! " before I could finish what I was saying, Daniel growled loudly making me blink.

" Dan, just let me explain and what? Date? He's my friend! " when I began to protest he lifted his arms up in defeat as if he'd knew that I'd be protesting like there's no tomorrow.

" Yeah yeah, I know, "

" But I just hope to get it soon out as a real date, Bunny. " Reena winked playfully, earning a glare from her lover. 

" Ok, jokes apart, listen here, guys. So I'm going on a part time job at a cafe as a counter receptionist or something like that and can I go!?" I shut my eyes close to know the impact.