40. Little Kaida

Natasha's POV

I couldn't sleep. Something kept disturbing me. I was changing positions side to side in the bed rumbling. I'm tired as hell but something kept me awake. 

Thoughts were running like a continuous river around my brain nearly suffocating. I wanted to get away from here. To my home. To my room, where I could look at the bright moon from the window and smile at it whenever I want. Where I could go anywhere I want. 

But here it was restricted for me to go back home. Do I look like a slave?

What am I going to do here? Where's my life leading to? Is this the end? 

" Who would've imagined to be abducted to an unknown land with a bunch of people who I'd never seen. They've super powers and crap! I don't even know how my brother knows them! Why didn't I ask him? " I screamed internally rolling on the bed. 

" This is crap! Am I still dreaming or what?! I was in Erik's house. I was sleeping. This can't be true. Why can't it be a dream?! " I couldn't help but go through the past events when I accidentally crossed an unfamiliar face of a woman. 

" Who's she? Erik's another sister? But she doesn't look that young. She had… straight dark hair. She looked…Wait! I didn't see her eyes! She didn't have eyes! " 

I didn't really notice that I fell into a deep slumber suddenly after some minutes rethinking about what happened. It was much calmer and comfortable to breathe. 

The pleasant surroundings around me were naive and natural. I stood up from the green grass looking at the familiar surroundings. 

The sky was dark and in purple colour strangely. The wind was also now warmer than before causing me to sweat. 

I glanced around, not familiar with my surroundings. It was fully surrounded by an invisible fire which just emitted warmness towards me. 

It was dark outside. But I'm still here. Why? 

Someone screamed for me. I stumbled on my steps and fell to my back. The dark surrounding is trying to engulf me. It was suffocating, A voice screamed inside me to come out of whatever the trance I was in. 

But it was difficult to do. 

" I TOLD YOU NOT TO BE ALONE IN DARK! "

A sudden high pitched growl came from God knows where resulting in the darkness to fade away in an instant.  

I felt exhausted in the little time, but managed to lift my head up to see a young woman's long white frock. I blinked as I recognised a crossbow clasped within her thin hands that wielded a lot more weight than I could guess. Her long white hair curled around hanging loosely dancing in the air. 

Her tanned skin lightened with a purple glow when I witnessed her purple eyes sparkling with fuming fire. She had a blue coloured flower tattoo on her nape which shined alone. She lifted the crossbow towards me aiming a bow with purple flame. 

The purple fire was dull and casted her face like a shadow. I limped back slowly not knowing who she was. She stepped front with anger. 

" Tell me what you are going to do? "  she asked, gritting her teeth in irritation. 

' Are you going to kill her? Or going to let her kill you? ' 

It wasn't her voice who's before me. The voice I heard actually came up from me. It was deep and cold. It does sound like me. But it doesn't resemble me. 

" No, I won't! " I screamed. 

' You've to or else you'll be killed. ' the voice darkly chuckled. My tears welled up in my eyes. What could I do?