22 : Purple fire

Author's POV

The knife still floated in the air with the fuming purple fire around.

Serena was astonished that her eyes shone bright at the fuming purple fire. She witnessed it once, but it was long long ago, when someone was alive in blood and flesh.

It was an instant, that the knife diminished in ash right before her eyes leaving no ashes.

" It-it can't be true what I just saw. The purple-purple fire?! That's impossible! She's dead! The one who could emit the purple fire, the only one in the world is already dead by now! It can't be true! Am I dreaming?! No, it's not true. She's dead. Is he- is he getting powerful? Could it be in that way?! " Serena was frequently rambling to herself that she didn't notice a knife flying towards her way.

The knife scratched her neck slightly, causing her to hiss in pain. A light chuckle heard around the room making Serena look around in caution.

" Ha! The oldy woman who's still rambling about her useless power without knowing what else is going on and out, " a playful voice reached her with tease

She soon found a shadow lurking around the window. Serena lit the window on fire immediately when the small chuckle increased high as a laugh.

A woman with long silky green hair stood on the window laughing to herself with her beautiful hazel eyes. She was none other than Ji, Erik's vampire step sister.

Serena looked shocked at her arrival. A vampire invading a witch and wizard's territory is unbelievable.

" You! You're still alive?! " Serena yelled to Ji, who gave a smirk back.

" Who told that I was dead, oldy. I'm the one who should be asking you the question. As you'd lived a life which is more than enough for you. Can't you be lurking in the graveyard with your old granny friends? " Ji teased clearly standing still with a proud smirk.

" You piece of crap! Do you think I'll let my guard down that easily? I'll get down your brother. Do you think I wouldn't know about his comeback? I'm searching for him right now. Tomorrow or not, One day I'll get him down to my feet. He'll be suffering and I'd make him feel the hell. " Serena yelled at top of her lungs earning a small snicker from Ji.

" Oh, Old lady Serena, I'm sorry for you that you've lost all of your memories in this old age of yours. Don't worry, I'll tell you about my brother from the past. He's ruthless and has no fear. He'd never let anyone take him down in a battle. He loves to play live or die with his rivals and he's waiting for all of you to come out of your cages to haunt you down. Because whatever you did in the past was unforgivable and an example for his avenge is the demolished Southern Territory. " Ji bravely emphasised, Serena felt the shiver run through her spine on hearing about the demolished Southern Territory which was once the native place of the dark eyed devil.

" No! I'm stronger- " before Serena could brag about herself, Ji interrupted her with a laugh.

" Remember that you can't manipulate him like you do for others, Oldy. And to add to the rage, the one who you believe as dead is rising up again in the dawn. For sure someday, she'd be back before you. " Ji announced it proudly, making Serena go speechless.

Erik turned around hearing his mate's footsteps. She came running down towards him with a pair of clothes.

" Take this. This is Dan's clothes. I think it'd fit you. Go get changed and I'll get changed as well. " Natasha stated handing him the clothes who sighed looking at them.

" What! Don't look at me like that. We're leaving for the hospital. Go and change! " Natasha ordered when she saw Erik still standing there.

Erik pouted before making his way towards the guest room only to be stopped by Natasha again.