39: A bird in cage

Author's POV

" Cool down, son. Nothing's going to happen to your mate. She's fine. " Jwan's soothing voice calmed his racing heart. Erik blinked his eyes and faced his family with guilt.

"I'm... I'm sorry, " he anxiously glanced at Reena who was now taking deep breaths with Daniel hugging her protectively trying to guard her against Erik. Erik's heart felt a pang again, his inner self was getting out strangely in unrelated timing. 

He knew that he had to control himself, or else it would only cause struggle to his family. 

His legs stepped back, Jackson who was just beside Erik tried to grab him, but Erik's hand easily slipped away from his grasp. 

" Rayon, No. It's not your fault! " Reena tried to stop him. But Erik chose to back away from them.

Jwan's eyes flashed in bright electric blue shade with sparkling tears. His heart ached to see his son in pain and he couldn't help him to get away from it. 

Erik turned back and marched away from them. Before any of them could chase him, he sprinted away in a whiff of wind. 

" Hey, Love, it's fine. Stop crying. He'll be back by evening. Stop worrying about him, he isn't a child anymore. " Wonhae tried to comfort his whimpering mate. 

" He's still my child Won-ah, I've got to worry. Because he ran away with guilt and pain and I can't do anything to solve it! I can't even protect my son! What a father am I?! " His crying burst out in pain. Wonhae hugged his mate and wiped his tears slowly, shushing him down. 

" Stop crying, Jwan-ah. You know right, he's strong. He just needs some time alone. If you want to see your son, then we gladly can go. I know where he is, " his relaxing words and the last sentence caused Jwan's eyes to sparkle. But soon Jwan shook his head furiously. 

" No, no! He needs some time alone. I can't disturb him now. " Jwan said to himself. 

" See, that's why I'm telling you to be calm. He'll come soon. Now come take a rest. You've run so much more than usual today. " Wonhae helped Jwan to stand up and gave everyone a little nod.  

" Take rest, Father. " Jison said and stood there until Alpha and Luna's head disappeared. 

Jison then made his way upstairs with little Yeon. He was a little hesitant at first, but his little son whined at his father as he was standing still at the pathway. 

" Yeon-ah, no quiet it, son! " Jison huffed nervously. 

" Ani, Ani... Yeonie go to Eomma ( No, No... Yeonie want to go to Eomma. ) "

" Yeah, yeah, I'll take you there. But you shouldn't disturb your Dada's mate, okay? Will you be a good boy, bub? " Jison asked his kid who was listening to him with beautiful doe eyes.  Yeon nodded eagerly. 

Jison let out a deep breath and made his way towards his right to one of the rooms which led to other stairs. 

They climbed up and reached the next floor, there were so many paintings and portraits lined up on the wall. Jison climbing up the marble staircase looked around the peach walls to find a handle to the next door that led them towards a flight of old stairs with golden sides that was lined with numerous portraits of the family members and their ancestors. 

Yeon admired it again with an open mouth as if he was seeing those aspects for the first time, though he's seeing those paintings every day. 

Jison, at last, reached a door and knocked it softly. After a few seconds, the door knocked open and Ji peeked her head out with a squinted glare.