20 :The darkened sky

Author's POV

The both mates were in the cafeteria chatting about something exactly to say, Natasha was talking and Erik was giving attention to whatever she was blabbering.

Natasha was busily talking about a rabbit while munching her candy bar when Erik noticed something. The sky was getting cloudier than before. It was getting darker and darker indicating that it'll rain at any moment. 

He looked at Natasha while humming for her talks as his vision landed on her smile. 

_She isn't worried._ He thought. 

But what happened next confirmed to him how and who's been worried. 

He's worried.

An attractive student approached their table with his lunch asking for a seat to join. He was short and tanner than Erik. Though it seemed like both Natasha and Erik came into a different university by mistake, Natasha gladly accepted it and offered a seat which was directed straight to both of them.

Natasha's hand fell off from Erik's hand as it indicated something which indicated Erik his pain.

" Hi, I'm Max. Third-year business course, " he introduced himself with a big smile. It was the first, Natasha met someone in their same college who approached them friendly.

Natasha smiled back. " Nice to meet you. I'm Natasha and he's.. Taison, we're in music course. " 

She abruptly introduced him as only Taison, as she truly doesn't want an unknown person to call him Erik for some unknown reasons which Erik might know. 

" Nice to meet you too, " Max purposely elongated their conversation where Erik remained silent, gritting his teeth and clenching his fist.

Natasha's a friendly natured one. So she would easily attach to someone who approaches her with a genuine smile like how she talked with Knight an hour ago. 

Erik wasn't possessive or jealous. He would never stop her from communicating with others. But he was deeply hurt and worried. 

He could tell everyone that he'll let her live with someone else other than him, but he couldn't lie to himself. The truth was, he never wanted to see her with anyone else. He wanted her all for himself. He wanted her love to cure his heart, but he couldn't hurt her either. 

As Tenison already said, he could surely get an Oscar for acting. He masked all his struggle inside his heart while just scribbling his pencil in his notebook looking unbothered by both of their laughter and giggles. 

A tremendous thunder took over its way over the sky giving a terrible sound effect. Natasha grabbed Erik's arm unconsciously flinching.

" Oh, I think it'll rain very soon!" Natasha beamed softly, earning a soft smile from Erik, " Yes, it'll."

Erik intertwined their hands reassuring her that he was there. She gave back a smile. Max observed them with a smile.

" Why didn't you tell me that you're dating guys?! You really look like a lovely couple, " He asked to make both of the mate's mouths hang ajar.

"Ani-" Erik tried but purposely stopped by the strong wind.

" No, we're not– " Erik rushed out like a gust of wind without hearing her statement fully as he wasn't ready to hear her rejection this soon. 

" We're not– couples yet. " Natasha looked back with a confused face while answering Max.

" I'm sorry, I think I made your- I mean Taison uncomfortable. " Max cheekily laughed like a madman, while rubbing his neck. Natasha gave a reassuring smile with a nod.