42: Heart Break

Author's POV

Natasha took her slow steps out of her room while rubbing the sleep out of her eyes. She yawned and noticed her unfamiliar surroundings. 

It was a short pathway with a double handle staircase leading somewhere. What she remembered before was a long pathway that leads to a staircase in space and the further path leads to a double split huge staircase. 

But this one was new and she didn't know how it came suddenly from nowhere. The drooping eyes of her's stayed still at the edge of the staircase which was slowly getting away from the light. 

She waddled down calling out for her brother where the darkness kept coming up to reach her legs. Her chocolate brown eyes stayed glued on the path before her. 

She wasn't aware of a pair of eyes that lurked on her from behind as she made her way down, even further engulfing herself in the pitch dusk. 

All of a sudden a scream huddled around causing some of the glass to break in the high pitch frequency. Natasha came running towards the staircase in her white robe which was now soaking with her blood. 

She struggled to drag her legs forwards as her hands were tightly clutched to her bleeding stomach. Her tear-stained cheek had a long blotch which was now oozing with blood. 

She fell to her knees curling into a ball, loudly sobbing in pain. The pitch dark covered her like a blanket, muffling her cries which then shifted to a loud scream.

Erik shot up from his bed nearly falling off on the ground with a thud. His arm was severely bleeding as his nails had been digging into his skin for a while due to the dream. 

" Damon! Stop your freaking games! " Erik grunted, grabbing his head with both his hands, eyes closed, trying to concentrate on controlling Damon's mischievous laughter. 

' I wasn't doing anything, brother! ' 

" I said, stop your freaking games! Don't you dare get her in your play! " Erik's chest rumbled due to the thunderous growl to which he could see himself in a void corner laughing to himself like a maniac but stopping midway. 

' Geez, bro. I didn't do anything to her, you know? ' Damon said, with his hands stretched out as if he was some generous man that gave his treasure to the poor people. 

" Good. Keep that in mind that you'd never play with her or I wouldn't hesitate to walk into the frozen lake. " 

Damon, who exactly was a mirroring figure or Erik, scowled but chose to stay quiet. After Natasha had the said dream a week ago, Erik instantly came to know that Damon was controlling her dreams as to why she had a voice telling her to kill the other woman. He came back home to depart both Daniel and Kaida but went back into the woods, disappearing from everyone for the first three days. 

Erik visited a particular lake in the northwest of the woods that is called ' Frozen Lake '. As in its name, the lake is deep in the forest, frozen. 

Demons usually prefer the coldest places to live. But this particular lake was abandoned by vampires after the first Ukiyo war broke out in 4000 BC. Erik reached the abandoned lake and dived in, to which Damon freaked out because of Erik's possible fatal death which could lead to his own demise.  

Erik glanced at his surroundings and found himself curled on the floor of his wooden treehouse. 

It had a two-shaft of a window and a free size bed at a corner. Though it was little to be only fitted with three or four people in it, it was calm and relaxed Erik's nerves.