57: Epsilons

Natasha's POV

" I… I don't remember your name… " 

" It's totally fine, Ms Natasha. My name's not that well-known to be remembered all the time. I'm Knight, Kedric Knight. " The redhead said, patching his foot down with his hands pushing back the hood down revealing the bright red hair. 

" Ah… Knight, yeah. " I remember, I met him a long time ago when I was in college with my old Erik. 

" Nice meeting you again. Didn't know you'd suddenly pop inside Ukiyo. " Knight said, slightly smiling. 

" Pardon? " 

" I'm sure you'd be aware of where you're now. This is Ukiyo. I'm from Ukiyo. That was why I didn't tell you what I was. "

" Are you a wizard then? " 

" Kind of…then, what are you doing here? I remember you telling me you were a human? Sudden change in it? " 

" No, I just…found my mate and he happens to be in here. So I'm here. " 

" May I ask you why you look so down? " Knight asked, but still maintained a safe distance. I quickly tried to wipe my stained cheeks. 

" Nothing. " 

" Okay, then. Why are you standing alone? Has your mate gone somewhere? Or…are you lost? " 

He looked concerned. I sighed. It wouldn't do anything by talking with someone. 

" No. He's at home. I'm waiting for my…brother. Yeah, brother. " I hope he won't ask anything else. I wasn't in the state to talk with someone I've met only once. 

" You still don't look good. There's a lake 20 feet away from the building. If you don't mind I can take you with me. " I wanted to snap and tell him to not disturb me but I found myself nodding to him. I think he's harmless. However, Hyu-Jun should be somewhere around the lake as he too disappeared at the said area, so I decided to follow Knight. 

The lake looked simple. The area was calm and there were no people nearer the eyesight excluding Knight's bicycle and Hyu-Jun's motorcycle. I breathed a content sigh when I was hugged by the freezing wind as Knight himself let out a sigh. 

I took a look at him. It's nice to have people who want to talk to you. Rather than having people who always keep things to themselves to love you. 

" I didn't bring you here to worry about things. Everything in our life is like this lake. It was frozen until a day ago, but now it's running again. It's just based on the temperature. Your problems are based on situations. When the situation gets lightened, everything automatically unties you and you no longer have to be in one place stuck up with everything. " Knight gazed at the running lake with a small smile while his hand combed back his red hair out of his eyes. 

" Yeah. " 

" You know what? I always come to this lake after visiting my parents. This lake is said to have a different vibe of energy that could lighten you. " Knight suddenly started talking about the lake. 

" Why is that? " I asked, genuinely confused and curious. 

" This lake comes from the Northern Mountains which are over there in the far end. There's a story of a pond that is said to stand from the beginning of the end. The pond knows everything about one's future and past. The saying is, this lake comes from the said pond, so it knows who you are and what was your life like before and how it will be in the future. " he looked pretty serious, as I took a look at the lake. 

" Never mind, you can't prove the fact that this lake knows me better than myself. I'm not in the mood to believe whatever you tell me. " I shrugged when he blinked innocently, rubbing his temple.