34: Mates?

Natasha's POV

I slowly opened my eyes to be met with a white wall when the throbbing pain in the back of my head increased. My head felt heavier than usual. A groan slipped from my dried lips when I tried to get up. 

Suddenly an arm helped me to sit and lean on the headboard. I rubbed my forehead and lifted my eyes to check the arm's owner. 

My vision wasn't clear to see. I need my glasses now. Yes, I've some difficulty with my eyes when I'm awake after a deep sleep. 

If I felt this struggle, does it mean I was in a deep slumber??

I hissed when a pain shot through my head again. But soon I felt my vision get better as someone gave me my glasses. 

I blinked my eyes and lifted my head to see the one I didn't want to see. His face was stiffened, yet his eyes showed nothing but pain. 

I moved a strand of my hair to my ear, I glanced around the room and found some empty beds and a counter full of some unknown colourful waters. 

I remembered everything that happened yesterday, Professor Tenison's shocked face came in between my thoughts that I accidentally yelped when I remembered a face that I saw the last moment before I went unconscious.  It wasn't Tenison's but… someone. It was a woman. A woman that I've never seen in my life.

Erik suddenly panicked because of my yelp and held my hand to comfort me. But I harshly pulled my hand back which resulted in a huge discomfort in his expression. 

His light grey eyes were now a darker grey, he bit his lips which was his bad habit of hiding his nervousness. 

I quickly slid away from the bed and stumbled on my steps. I managed myself and hurried to the door which I guessed would be the exit of this hospital. 

When I pushed open the door with all the force I had in me, I heard a quick "ouch!" from the other side which sounded a little familiar. 

I turned my head and I felt relieved after witnessing Reena behind the said door I pushed. 

" Hey!! Watch out– Natasha, you're awake!?" She asked when I launched myself on her. 

" Hey, you're alright. Natasha, Bunny, why are you crying?! " Reena tried to move away from the hug. But I hugged her tightly and burst into tears. 

" Everyone betrayed me, Reena! Everyone! Everyone b–betrayed me. Who–who I loved. Who I–I believed. Who I grew along with! " I still couldn't believe that I was betrayed by who I loved, but also by my brother. 

How did he do that? How could he do that to me? He was something but a human!

" No, no, nothing like that happened, sweetie, calm down. " she sounded calm and soft. 

I can't. 

" Don't tell me you knew all this and you too hid everything from me! " I suddenly pulled away from her and backed away suspecting her with distrust. She shook her head and held my hand.

" No, bunny, I swear. I didn't hide anything from you. " 

" Then what the hell is going on? Why the frick my brother fooled me? How could he do that to me?! " I sobbed aloud hugging g her again as she rubbed my back soothingly. 

" I wonder, the time has arrived for you to know something I've always kept hidden, Princess. "

I clutched Reena's hands and refused to open my eyes hearing that familiar voice. 

Even in this situation, his voice calmed me and made me feel secure. I couldn't hate him for the things he hid from me. For God sake, he's my brother. I feel like he has his reasons.