36: Forest Fight

Author's POV

After half an hour, Natasha's endless sob seemed to die down. Erik did nothing in those 30 minutes, just sat down there with her in his arms and let his pheromones calm down his mate. 

It's usual for werewolves to let their pheromones out to calm their respective mate. Omega's pheromones are particularly effective. 

She sniffed his scent and found herself getting calm. She didn't know how, but she felt it was alright and felt good. They were sitting there on the ground snuggled to each other like they always do. 

Reena directed her way to her mate and crouched beside him looking at his burnt injury. 

It was right down his knee, Daniel let his knees down and stretched it straight only to hiss in pain. 

" There, there, wait Dark, " Reena comforted and gliding her palm over his injury. 

Daniel only gawked at his mate after looking at his clear knee which was just burnt a second ago.

" I– Don't panic! My omega has some healing powers. So I can do that! " Reena explained before anyone could assume something themselves. 

" No doubt, she can do more than this. " Hyu-Jun mumbled, looking at Reena's ice blue eyes from behind Daniel. 

On hearing him, her hazy brown eyes flashed again, Reena lifted her head meeting Hyu-Jun. 

" Nice meeting you. I'm Kim Hyu-Jun, the oldest of Kim siblings, " he introduced himself and earned Erik's attention. 

Erik drifted his eyes in utter disbelief as he didn't expect his older brother to come home. He hadn't noticed him as the one he saw was only his mate. 

" Reena Peterson, Daniel's mate. " Reena said and thus when Natasha came to reality and pulled herself away from Erik to look at Reena like a cat who just woke up from half sleep.  

Erik looked a little bit hurt by her sudden distance but managed himself to look raw. 

" What? "  they heard her ask, earning everyone's attention. Reena looked at everyone and found herself being in Natasha's stare. 

" Huh? " 

" What did you just say? Something... mate? "

" I'm... I'm your brother's mate, Natasha. " Natasha nodded, not knowing what to say. 

" W–where are we? Can't we go home? " When Natasha slowly asked, trying to wipe her tears stained cheeks, " NO, " Erik's low growl echoed all around them startling her. 

Natasha looked at him once but soon looked away. Her eyes kept been on her cute short and small fingers which attracted her vision as if it was so interesting. 

Daniel just furrowed his brows at his sister. As her behaviour wasn't normal, She didn't yell or ask anything further to Erik, who seemed more anxious by her strange calmness. 

Natasha wasn't fully in her mind and she didn't want to talk nor look at Erik at that moment. She does need some time for her to restrain everything whatever she came to know in a single day. 

Though her heart was debuting for her boyfriend as if he too might have some valid reasons, her mind kept blocking everything as she just came to a decision that what Erik had done was unforgettable and irresistible. 

She loved him for who he was. She loved him. She loved everything about him. 

She still loves him though, but she wasn't in the state to admit it anymore. The betrayal and pain only seemed big infront of her in that moment, that she even forgot to look over her and his love towards him.