17 : Accept the Truth

Erik's POV

Natasha gently dragged me to our class, her hand clasped with mine.

We looked for our class and found that we were first.

" Seems like we weren't late," she said shrugging.

" It's fine. We'll discuss something else, " I offered.

" Okay! "

We came to our seats and Tenison Hyung bid a hand wave when he passed us by the corridor of course obvious to Natasha.

She was seriously looking for something inside her backpack. I let out a breath and looked around for a while wondering about my last night's dream.

" Here! " she caught my attention towards her and grabbed my forearm. She's holding my hands again like how she used to do. My hand urged me to hold her hand and announced to me to kiss it.

But my beautiful mate here will turn to a devil If I kiss her hand now. But the feeling in my heart didn't even change after many years. I can't be with her, though. I don't want to fall for her. I would never love her as she wants. I would never let her love me. I wouldn't, right?

I want her to be safe and sound away from me. I don't want to hurt her. She has to be happy. Daniel has always been right in this thing, she would never love me after I came as real me. She'll reject me after acknowledging my identity.

I betrayed her. I used her trust over me. I'm just capable of her hatred. I'll protect her at any cost and will protect her beloved even the one who's going to be the lucky one to have her as 'his'.

I clenched my fist to even think about her being with someone. My stone heart ached at the thought of my mate loving someone.

But I should endure this for her. Yes! I'll tolerate anything for her, even my longings and long-lasting pain. I just want her to be happy. If her happiness lies in her love with someone, then I'll do anything to protect them. I'll let her live her life and would never interfere in it after destroying my entire rival who's longing to kill her for the sake of the stupid prophecy.

They could never do that to her when I'm here. I don't want the moon child, I'll just let her live. Even if it was just yesterday that I reminded myself about the moonchild, the world doesn't need one to suppress devils like me.

But it's way too hard to accept it. I can be selfish too.

At this moment I didn't even realise that I was tearing up and Natcha had already noticed that. I suddenly blinked my eyes and came out of the train of thoughts with a soft touch.

I wiped my tears to face a dark pair of chocolate brown orbs which had an entire universe in them. My aching heart was automatically relieved at the sight of those gorgeous eyes at my vision.

I broke our eye contact to stop preventing my eyes from glowing. She turned me towards her again and made me face her.

I felt like crying. I wanted to scream and yell.

_I, myself wanted to let her go to someone else. How did you manage to even think like that, Mr?_ I thought fuming internally. Even though the urge to scream was intense, I can't do that! I can't scare her! I don't want to scare the love of my life!

She caressed my chin and wiped my tears softly looking at me with tears. What have I done?? I hurt her already??

" What's wrong? " She asked and it was excruciating to look at her cry. I immediately wiped her tears and shook my head as a No.

" No, you should not cry-cry! " I couldn't help the dryness when I talked.

" What's wrong? Why are you crying? "