Oswald's Lament (Bonus Scene)

Oswald sits in the small back room of Bamonte’s, writing order forms for the restaurant. Even after his promotion to manager, he’s still doing menial work, nothing that haresses his true talents. Well, that changes very soon. He’ll prove himself to Don Maroni, gain his trust, and then twist him around for Falcone.

But...could he prove himself to Trixie? Yes, they may of had their night of passion, but every day he feels her slipping further from his fingers. Is she fleeing out of fear, or coming to her senses?

It’s true he surely couldn’t be the greatest of lovers. Mother had never given him the “talk”, so his first exposures to sex were from hearing the screams and moans of prostitutes and their Johns in dark Gotham alleys. He’d thought it crude, and Mother was always there to enforce his opinion, claiming that all women are vagabonds looking to control men. Look who’s talking Mother…

Oswald looks over at his desk, glancing at a framed picture of him and Trixie, taken in the sitting area of her apartment. The black-and-white photograph has already started to brown with age, either from the cheap material or from how many times he’s taken it out of the frame to examine it closer.

He grasps the photo to his chest, no, she’s right to want to leave him, in her eyes he’s a pathetic loser, at best a perpetual plan B, but still undeserving of her love.

And yet...of course he still wants her. Selfishness has driven him to take what he hasn’t rightfully earned. And so, he must prove himself to her, prove that he should be the man of her choosing. But, can he? If she already sees him as so pathetic, can he ever recover? No, he realizes, he can’t. In her eyes she will always see him as lesser, there’s nothing he can do about that.

So, if he can never obtain her by natural means, he’ll have to take her by force. He’ll bide his time of course, wait for just the right moment. Then he’ll trap her in a cage and swallow the key, upholding her as a symbol of his victory, his power. He’d always been jealous of couples of all kinds wandering Gotham’s streets during the midnight hours, now he’d have someone to flaunt whenever he pleased. It was already joy enough to see the shock and surprise on Don Maroni and Frankie’s faces when he revealed his partner, perhaps he should introduce her to Don Falcone as well.

No, he’s getting ahead of himself. He could still win her, right? Perhaps he could get his hands on some juicy intel from one of the Dons, or maybe something more romantic, like a night under the stars at the Gotham Botanical Gardens. Either way, he won’t let her slip from his fingers, he’s invested far too much into this affair to have it go no where. And if all else fails...well, her head on a silver platter will surely soothe his aching heart.

Author’s Note: Thank you so much guys! We reached our goal way sooner than I’d anticipated, and if you guys like this one I could make some more if there’s interest. Maybe some from Ed’s POV as well? I don’t know, you guys call the shots, see you all Friday!