AKA The Parallel Universe

The first thing I hear is cars. Honking their horns, it can't just be one car...it must be multiple cars.

I move my hands and discover that I'm lying on concrete, a bright light just above my head, blinding my vision. There's something else now, shouting...someone, shoutin-

"Hey lady, get off the street!" the voice repeats, blocking out the light and nearly spitting on my face.

With a little time I get on my feet, as the shouting man gets back into his car. Looking toward the concrete ground, I stumble onto the sidewalk. Glancing upward, I realize I'm in...Gotham? It could easily be mistaken for Gotham, but as I see that the light blinding me is the harsh afternoon sun, and how it reflects off of the blue-tinted glass of the skyscrapers, I realize that I'm not in Gotham anymore. This is definitely a city, but what city?

The streets constantly have multiple cars passing by. I guess they don't have the gas shortage here. I examine the people passing by. Their clothing is familiar but not quite so. Most of the women wear unusually tight jeans, and I see several men in casual t-shirts under their jackets.

Similar...yet different. I think I know what Ed was talking about.

I turn around as a hand grasps my shoulder. It's a blond woman with bright eyes decked in multiple layers of eyeliner. She speaks with a charming, but strong voice.

"Excuse me, officer? I...hate to bother you, but...it's my friend. She's had a bit too much to drink and-"

Just then, there's a crash from the bar down the street, as a bar stool is flung out the window. The woman bites her lip and turns back to me.

"Please, I can't reach her, she's never acted like this before."

How does she know I'm a police officer? I glance down and realize that I'm still wearing my GCPD uniform. I wonder how out-of-place it looks compared to the police officers here. Apparently enough for her to recognize me as one.

Nodding to the woman, I start dashing toward the bar. Throwing open the door, I spot a dark-haired woman, her back turned away from me as she easily picks up another barstool. The other patrons of the bar are all backed against the walls, afraid to move. Shouting in an aggravated, somewhat slurred voice, she hurls the bar stool at a male customer.

"And if you ever try to pull your pervert grab-ass shit again, I will cut your balls off!"

Aside from the fact that's probably the most swear words I've ever heard in one sentence, this woman is strong, and definitely out of control. I place my hand on my holster and remember that Harrison took my gun back in my own universe.

"Look lady, it was an accident!" the man cries in pure terror.

"Miss, you need to calm down," I begin, stepping into the situation.

She whips around, and the both of us come to a sudden pause. She doesn't look quite identical to me, with lighter skin, sharper cheekbones, and symmetrical eyes, but the resemblance is uncanny. She stumbles from side-to-side, unable to maintain her own body, "A cop? Huh, a little short for a cop."

As she stands up straight, I realize that she's about nine inches taller than me. In fact, everyone at the bar is. Are people just...taller in this universe?

The woman holds up her arms, displaying her wrists to me, "Alright. Arrest me, before I kill the doofus behind me."

The right thing to do would be to arrest her, but what if the officers at the station discover that I'm not a cop from their universe? How would I even get there, I don't have a car. How would I even know where the nearest station is?