Mounting Tensions and the '66 Standalone Special Conclusion

I arrive at Fish Mooney's to find Timothy manning the front desk.

"Evening Trixie, say, I've been thinking about something we could do up on the stage, and I came up with this dance number in my head-"

"You dance too? I thought you just sang," I chuckle, "you're quite the triple threat."

He shakes his head, "No, my acting is terrible. Anyway, I could show you the number now if you want."

I nod, and he steps out from the front desk. We go to the side of the entry hall where he starts tapping with both of his feet. "Right two, three. Left, two, three. Turn and twist, turn and twist. And do the Charlest...oooh!" he trips, stumbling toward the ground.

I catch him just as he's about to fall to his knees. We both laugh as I help him up. He scratches the back of his head, "Well, I guess it needs a little work."

"And what are we working on? Hmm?" We turn around and, standing at the front doorway is Oswald, umbrella in one hand and surrounded by two of Maroni's henchmen, including Eel. He drops his umbrella into the umbrella can by the door before hobbling toward us. He takes one look at Timothy, and his expression becomes a sour sneer.

"Oswald, wh-what are you doing here?" I stutter, standing up to greet him.

He chuckles, "I have some business with your boss, Fish Mooney. Is she here?"

"Ms. Mooney's in her office, I'll fetch her-" Timothy turns around and starts walking out, but Oswald holds up his hand to stop him.

He chuckles, "It can wait," he limps toward me, making a point to stand above me so that he can look down. A wide, predatory grin stretches across his face, "Trixie...how are we this evening?"

I remain silent for a couple of seconds, taking a breath, and getting a whiff of seafood that makes me want to gag.

"Fine...and yourself?"

He takes his time before responding, licking his lower lip and placing his hands on my shoulders. His eyes weighed down by dark bags, he starts shaking his head, "Good...very good."

I look down and notice he's holding a black box in his hand. What could that be? From the corner of my eye I spot Timothy standing to the side, twice as nervous as I am. Oswald senses this, and turns around, his hands tightening their grip on me.

"And who are you...exactly?" he snaps.

"You'll find that out soon enough, and hands off the girl, unless you wanna pay," Fish Mooney counters, walking into the room accompanied by her own set of henchmen including Gilzean.

Taking his hands off of me, Oswald clasps them together and puts on his most insincere smile, "Ms. Mooney, a lovely sight as always. I was just chatting up your employees," he runs his hand down my arm, and I can't help but shiver.

Looking over at Fish, I notice that she's hiding just a hint of a smile. She knows she can use me against Oswald, but the question is: who's side am I on?

"Well, you can touch the girls later. We have business to discuss," she informs, turning around and walking back to the restaurant area.

"Yes, yes we do," Oswald kisses me on the forehead, "till next time my love."

Timothy drifts to my side as Oswald begins hobbling into the restaurant area, "So that creep was your boyfriend? I can see why you broke it off, what were you thinking?"

"You ever hear the phrase: 'look like the innocent flower, but be the serpent under it'? Well, he was the serpent...in more ways than one," I admit, cringing and gritting with my teeth.