Feat of Plastic

Checking in on Eel, I knock on the door to his motel room, a couple of grocery bags in each hand. A few seconds later, the door is opened by a gelatinous hand that oozes out its own skin. I peer into the room to find that Eel has engulfed the entire room in what was his body. With the consistency of wax, the colors of his skin and clothes are splattered on the floor, walls, and ceiling.

"Hey Trix...I uhm...I can control my body...a little bit...sort of..."

"How are you even still alive?!" I gasp, careful not to step on any of him.

"I don't know," he confesses, his voice seemingly coming from all of his form.

A path leading to an arm chair in the room clears, as liquid pools of Eel slither back. I place the grocery bags by the door before cautiously taking the path Eel's set up for me.

As I sit down, a piece of him drips down from the ceiling and falls directly onto my lap. I scream, but my immediate fear only grows as the splash of Eel morphs to form his animated, moving head, "Morning Trix!"

I practically throw his head off of my lap, and it lands in a pool of his own body. He floats in the waxy liquid, until two arms stretch out next to his head. The collective of liquid is absorbed up by his head to form his upper body.

"No worries, I've got this..." Eel assures me, more of his body forming into something resembling a human being.

Even as the last of the puddle of goo is absorbed, Eel continues to stretch and grow, his arms and torso bloating until he explodes, his body parts splattering across the room.

"...yeah, this has been my whole day, right here," Eel's voice sighs from the unmoving piles of liquid body.

"Gosh...Eel, I don't know what else to do for you. Maybe...maybe we could find you someone-"

"Trix, look at me! They'd lock me away in Arkham...or worse..." he sulks, pieces of him starting to move toward the center.

I lean against the wall to think, "Hmm...well, I actually think I know someone who could help. If we broke it to her slowly-"
"Uhm...Trix, you're leaning against a part of me," he grips, but is unable to gesture to what he's referring to.

I turn around and realize I've been leaning against a small slab of Eel's waxy flesh. It's warm to the touch, and feels just a little more rubbery than regular human skin. The piece slithers down the wall and heads toward the center of the room, where all of the piles form into a clay-like human figure. Without hair or clothes, Eel's skin continuously melts off of his body, only to be absorbed back into his body at his feet.

"Hey, whaddya know? Humpty Dumpty can put himself back together again," Eel jokes, his hand gesture sending small splashes of his body onto a nearby end table.

I walk over and grab what I assume are Eel's hands, "Look, I'm so sorry about what happened to you Eel, but you need to admit that you need help, and I can get it for you-"

"No!" he pulls away, "Trix...you've been so kind to me...honest, I mean it. Gosh I already feel like such a dope standing next to you. But I'm telling you if I'm going to face something on my own, it should be this!"

In his anger, his form starts to grow, rising high above any height he'd achieved before.

"I mean...god, what am I coming to? I can't even leave this dinky little motel room, I have to rely on you for all of my meals. I can't even...wear clothes anymore, I'll just slosh out of them like a pile of Jello."

His body hits the ceiling, and as he starts bending over it, a crack is made in the ceiling foundation. If he doesn't calm down, this whole place could come crashing down.