Marsha's Scheme of Diamonds and '66SS

I'm resting in bed when there's a knock at my door.

"I'll get it. You stay dormant," Ed smiles, getting up from his chair.

I smile and nod, but as he gets up and leaves the room, I start to sit up and lean over to see through the crack in the door. Please god, let that not be Oswald...

Ed opens the door and find Renee, and Crispus standing outside. They all lean back, their eyes widening, I bet they didn't expect to find Ed here.

"Nygma...? Look, is Natalie home?" Renee asks, leaning past Ed to peer into the apartment.

He nods, "Yes, but she is currently unwell. If you have business with her, I suggest you put it on hold until she has recovered-"

"Ed, I know Natalie's not feeling well, but this is urgent," Crispus interrupts, "please, let us see her."

Ed slowly begins to nod, "Oh...okay."

Even though Ed nodded his head in agreement, he still doesn't step away from the door, instead standing completely still, with his hands folded in front of him.

"Uhm...Ed?" Renee prodes.

He suddenly snaps out of his trance, and steps out of the way, "Right, right. She's in the bedroom...but, but I still would advise against disturbing her!"

Renee and Crispus step into the bedroom, with Renee opening the door.

"Hey guys," I smile, sitting up to greet them.

Crispus sits down at my bedside, "Hey Natalie, how're you feeling?"

"I'm...better, I guess. Turns out I have a concussion. Ed's been taking care of me," I explain.

He nods, and turns around to see Ed standing by the door, peering in from the doorway, "Cool."

"An anonymous source dropped off these pictures at the GCPD today," Renee takes out a file she was holding under her armpit and drops it on my bed.

I open up the file, and my black-and-white pictures of Marsha's warehouse fall onto the bed.

"A warrant's been put out for Marsha's arrest, it's almost as if they were waiting for a piece of evidence to show up," Renee crosses her arms, "you know anything about this?"

I gesture to the pictures, "Yeah, I took those. I tracked down a warehouse owned by Marsha and found her stash of stolen goods-"

"We already figured that part out, but you can't tell me there isn't something bigger going on here," she counters.

"Is it connected in anyway to the Court of Owls? Do you know?" Crispus adds.

I nod, before explaining Falcone's plan to have Barbara replace Marsha in the Court of Owls.

"Of course," Renee snaps her fingers, "that's why the police are so eager to arrest Marsha, Falcone's got half of the force in his pocket."

"So now...I guess we wait for someone to catch her. Unless she's already made it out of the city it'd be impossible for her to get away now," I figure.

"I don't know. Marsha's escaped the law's arm before, she'll be tricky to catch," Crispus counters.

I lean back into my pillow, "Well, I'm staying out of this one for once. Even if I wanted to, I'm in no condition to work out in the field."

"Of course Natalie, you should rest," Renee nods, "how's your back holding up?"

"It's fine. By the time my concussion ends my back will be healed as well."