The Bird's Talons

I return home from the party, throwing down my purse onto the couch. I walk into the bathroom to take off my makeup, but when I reach the bathroom mirror, Oswald can be seen behind me in its reflection.

"So...how was the party? You know, I feel quite offended for not having been invited," Oswald smiles, waddling up to me.

"How did you know where I was anyway?" I ask, opening up the mirror cabinet.

He chuckles, his grin spreading to reveal gnarly teeth. He wraps his arms around me, his hand grabbing my neck, "Silly Trixie, you didn't think I'd have at least one of Don Falcone's servants in my pocket? Well, then again, I do have you..."

His hot breath blasting against my neck, his other hand wanders down to my thigh, long fingernails pushing up my dress and tickling my skin. I lean my head against his back.

I just accused him to be the one who orchestrated the run on Don Falcone's vault. Something he's completely innocent of, for once. Falcone's men could be coming for him any moment now, I just have to play cool until they arrive. But at the same time, what are they going to do to him? Would this be the last time I see him? The thought makes my heart sink. It shouldn't.

Oswald removes the two pins keeping my hair in a tight bun, letting my black hair flow down my back. His hand running down my cheek, he kisses me on the neck, "Your dress is beautiful...I can't wait to take it off."

"Not...not tonight Oswald. I'm tired," I confess. I try to move out of his arms, but he won't budge.

He turns me around and slams me against the wall. His hand wafts up and picks up my necklace, "You're wearing the pearl necklace I gave you...good."

Oswald encases me in his arms, his long nose poking the top of my head, "I love you."

After a brief pause, I bury my head in his chest, clutching the fabric of his suit, "I love you too. More than you'll ever know."

The door is kicked down by three thugs with Uzis and leather coats. Throwing Oswald off of me, I kick him toward them.

"Let's go!" one of them shouts, knocking Oswald to the ground with his gun.

The other one pins him to the ground as the first one yanks a black cloth bag over his head.

"Goodbye Oswald..." I murmur, as the thugs drag him by the legs out the door.

"Tri-trixie?! You bitch! I'll be back, I swear it! You'll regret this whore! I'll bleed you dry, and bathe in your blood! You'll see! You're mine, don't you dare fucking forge-"

Oswald's speech is interrupted by one of the thugs knocking him out with the end of his gun. The other thug walks back up to me.

"Falcone wants the money that Penguin stole," he holds his gloved hand out.

I nod, and walk into the closet, where I throw out the duffel bag Oswald gave me. There's still the other bags up in the Cobblepot's apartment, but if Mrs. Cobblepot's not going to have her son around anymore, she's going to need that.

"That's it?" the thug questions.

I point to the unconscious Oswald, "Does that look like someone who can make off with much?"

Shrugging, the thug takes the bag before walking off, the other thug dragging Oswald down the stairs. I shut the door, and breath a heavy sigh. If Oswald somehow makes it out alive...I'm far past dead, aren't I? But then again, what are his chances? While he may not have been the one to break into Falcone's safe, he still stole from him. Falcone might just kill him as a safety measure, it would certainly make my life easier.