No Choice

After locking up Fish and Butch for the second time, I change out of Sydney's outfit into a simple dress and head back to Fish Mooney's. Oswald's bound to still be inside, and from how he looked during Fish Mooney's confrontation, he's...well...I just want to check in on him.

I run into the restaurant area, coming to a halt as I spot Oswald slumped over in one of the restaurant booths. A bottle of champagne sits on the table next to him, and for all intensive purposes, he appears to be completely passed out.

Sitting in the booth next to Oswald, I take a look at the bottle of champagne. It's Montagne de Reims, half full. The same brand that Barbara gave me and I then shared with Oswald. What a coincidence...

The table jumps as Oswald's hand slams onto mine, his fingers digging into my skin. A low, growling laugh escapes him as he lifts his head off of the table.

"Look who arrived at the party..." he snickers, keeping my hand pinned to the table.

Before I can respond, Oswald pulls me toward him, "Sit on my lap."

My lips grow into a malicious smile. He's incredibly drunk right now, and I could use some fun.

I swing my legs over his, my hips landing on his upper thighs. He smiles, and grabs the bottle of champagne from the table.

He takes a swig for himself, before offering the bottle to me, "Have some."

Taking the bottle, I make a show of bending my entire back, my head parallel to the ceiling before bringing the bottle up to my lips. I use my tongue to block most of the incoming alcohol, only a few drops actually making it into my mouth.

I resume a normal sitting position, and place the bottle back onto the table. My mouth still dripping with champagne, I lean into Oswald and kiss him directly on the lips. He wraps his arms around me, and I lean into him. Even as we kiss, I sense Oswald's hands start to massage my waist. I giggle, and kiss him one more time.

"So...what're you gonna do with the place now that it's yours?" I ask, my hands running up and down his shoulders.

He glances around, spreading his arms across the leather of the booth, "Hmm...I have some ideas. The gaudy lamps have to go. Maybe add in some new lighting too."

Oswald's attention returns to me, "But right now, you know what's all mine?"

He pulls me into a tight embrace, his hips bucking into my legs, "I couldn't have done this without you."

I blush. He's actually giving me credit for once? "Oswald..."

Taking another swig of champagne, he stands, pulling me along. With a chuckle, I follow along. Oswald leads me to a familiar table, and my smile starts to sink.

"I remember...when we first starting working here...Butch told me to make love to you...right on that table," Oswald's speech is slurred as he grips my hand.

I start to pull away, but he takes no notice, "Do you know...even then...how much I wanted to do it? Not...not because Gilzean told me to...no...but because...I knew it was right."

He suddenly becomes very direct, his body movements grinding to a halt. His intense stare bores down on me, as I continually try yanking my hand out of his grip.

With animalistic force, he pulls my hand behind my back and slams me onto the table. He lifts up my dress, holding me with lude hands.

"Oswald, this has gone far enough! Let me go!" I demand.

He gives a sinister chuckle as he starts to undo his belt, "No. You are my girlfriend, aren't you? Hmph...girlfriend. I have a girlfriend! Ha...a lover..."

"You don't know how much it still surprises me...that thought..." Oswald runs his hand down my back, as he adjusts himself against me.

Biting my lip, his hips grind against my behind, and I try to get a sense of where his legs are.

"And now you're here...in the flesh...ready for me," he chuckles, grabbing a fistful of my hair.

I kick him in the knee and he stumbles backwards, bending over to cover himself. I yank my dress down and step back, creating more distance between the two of us.

"What are you afraid of?!" he barks, fumbling to pull up his pants.

My feet come to a stop, "I'm not...afraid. If I say I don't want to...I don't want to. And if you don't can't make sense of that...then I leave."

Oswald's eyes widen, and his fists ball up in anger, "You can't! I am the one protecting you! Leave my protection and the Talons will come after you and your friends!"

I grasp my hand onto a nearby table, my other hand clutching my side. With heavy breath, I look up Oswald, his wide-eyed anger slowly transforming into a sinister smile.

"My, my...what a situation you have," he shakes his head, his voice down to a whisper.

He holds his arms out, his cheeks puffy and slightly red, "Make your choice."

"Do I have one?" I counter.

Oswald takes a step forward, and my expression sinks. My head down, I walk toward Oswald. He lifts his head into the sky and lets out a dark laugh. I slam my head into his shoulder, and he wraps his arms around me as I start to sob.

"There, there...don't cry my little bird," he runs his hand through my hair as my hands grab at the fabric of his suit.

I look up at him, and, even as I sob my heart out, all I see on his face is a joyful smile.