AKA All Universes Are Kind of Crazy

When Trish awakes, I'm sitting nearby on the chair Jessica had tied me up to. I'd moved her from the floor to Jessica's bed, as well as bandaged her head where she was bleeding.

"Wha-...what happened?" she asks, lifting up her head.

I stand, "Don't get up too quickly. You were under Kilgrave's control, he tried to kill you."

Trish slams her head back onto the pillow, but she regrets that as she recoils from the pain in her head, "I-...I hardly remember anything. He-...he told me to...slam my head...in the window...and...and I...I actually did it."

I nod, and she groans, "Oh, that must have been embarrassing."

I shake my head, "Don't worry about it."

Reaching over to the nightstand, I grab a mug of tea I'd prepared for her, "Here. Drink this."

"Thank you," she says as she accepts the cup and takes a sip, "you know, Jessica told me about Kilgrave and his mind control powers while you were...knocked out. I didn't know whether or not to believe her. It's not like I had any reason not to believe her, it just seemed so...unreal."

"Like a science fiction novel?" I guess, smiling.

Trish nods, "Yeah, kind of like that."

She takes another sip, and I chuckle to myself, "You know, you have quite the fancy kettle, but I managed to figure it out."

"Oh right...you claim to be from an alternate universe," she remembers, her mind still recovering.

"You don't have to believe me if you don't want to, I understan-"

"No...you saved my life. Even if your story's hard to believe, I'll at least...indulge you," she interrupts, "you must have a lot of questions."

I shrug, "I've figured out some things, I've sort of learned how to use the internet. On the other hand..."

I walk over to the computer-like device, and turn the monitor to its side, revealing its slimness, "Where's the back? Of the computer?"

Trish looks at me, confused, "That...that is the back."

"I mean, I don't want to break it by opening it up, but is it multiple computer boards smashed into the small space?" I ask, alternating from looking at the front and back of the monitor.

"I...I don't know," she confesses.

I chuckle, "Sorry, I guess it's not exactly common knowledge, is it? Most people from my universe don't even know how to use a computer, let alone know what's inside it."

"I mean, it's a computer, but it's called a laptop. It's a portable computer."

I nod, absorbing the information as I sit down at Jessica's desk, "Ed would be amazed if he were here. To know that his theories on multiple universes is correct, and that his invention could actually prove it..."

"Who's Ed?" she asks.

"Oh, a childhood friend, he's the one who invented the portal that sent me here. We met a little bit after my parents passed away," I explain.

Trish raises an eyebrow, "Really? Jessica and I are childhood friends, and we met when my mother adopted her after her parents passed away."

"Huh, what a coincidence. Ed's parents never adopted me, but I stayed over at his place a lot," I hunch down, musing over the details.

"How did your parents pass away?" Trish asks.

"An accident. I lived on a Native American reservation with my family, one night the whole thing was set ablaze, and...I was the only survivor."