Marsha, Queen of Diamonds

By the time I'm home, it's well past midnight, peeking into the early morning hours. Tossing off my shoes, I collapse onto the couch. That...was a disaster. I shouldn't have snapped back at Ed like that. It's my fault I feel so hurt, not his...

A shadow hovers over me, followed by warm breath on my neck, "...there you are."

I look and find Oswald, his green eyes wide. I reach over to play with his hair, "Hey..."

He grabs my hand, squeezing it at the wrist, "Where were you?"

My eyes widen as I'm snapped awake, almost falling off of the couch as he pulls me to my feet, "I-I was out late."

"Out late huh?" he raises his eyebrow.

There's no way he's going to believe me on that. But, what conclusion will he come to?

Still gripping my hand, he pulls me into a tight embrace, "I'll forgive you, for your little...discrepancy. That is, if you grant me a small favor."

I look up at him, "What?"

    I sit in the bathtub with Oswald, the two of us leaning back, with him against the end, and me against his back.

"So...a midnight bath with you and a Saturday lunch at Bamonte's? Hmph, it sounds like you're treating me more than punishing me," I chuckle, running my hand down his chest.

He smiles, cupping both hands under my chin and kissing me on the forehead, "Only the best for my little bird."

I travel to the other side of the tub, leaning against the cold marble outline and putting both hands up over the edge, "So...why choose this afternoon to take me to lunch? And at your work of all places?"

Oswald shifts his head down and to the side, still maintaining a mischievous smirk, "You know me all too well, Trixie. ...rumor has it that Marsha, Queen of Diamonds and her gang are back in town, and are planning to visit Don Maroni at the restaurant. If the rumors are true, I want to make the best impression."

"Marsha, Queen of Diamonds? The old crime boss? I thought she died years ago," I exclaim.

He shrugs, "I thought so too. She was the top mob boss before Don Falcone took over, back when I was a kid."

"Oh really? Don Falcone was already the top boss by the time I came around."

Oswald smile mixes with a grimace, "Don't make me feel old, that's Mother's job."

Just then, the phone in the living room starts to ring, and I get out of the tub to answer it. Wrapping a towel around myself, I look back at Oswald still lying in the tub. He smiles at me, and I return the gesture.

I pick up the phone, and a mumbled, snappy voice comes out the other end.

"Sydney, it's Zsasz. I need to meet you and Ann at the warehouse on the docks tonight."

I sit down on the top of the couch, "Geez, I thought you were dead for a while there."

"I've been helping Falcone with some...internal affairs. Just...meet me out at the docks tonight, okay?"

"Of course," I reply, before hanging up.

I walk back into my room, and cross to the bathroom.

"Who was that?" Oswald asks with a polite curiosity.

"Zsasz. He needs 'Sydney' out at the docks tonight," I explain, before throwing my towel off and dipping into the tub.

"Hmph. I'm surprised he waited this long to call his henchwomen in, what with Falcone breathing down his neck," he mentions, as I return to leaning against his chest.