The Good, the Evil, the Beginning

I change out of my work clothes for the day, having just finished up work. The other girls are all doing the same, exchanging their glitter and sequins for tight shirts and fishnets. Not much of a transition, in my opinion. I sense their judgemental stares as I put on a simple lavender dress with puffed sleeves. I smile as I slip into brown flats, if they don't like the Baby Doll look, then tough.

There's a sudden commotion from outside, the girls and I rush to the door to see what's the fuss. Gilzean and another one of Fish's men are walking down the hall, with someone else in tow,

"C'mon Raoul, this'll be over before you know it." Gilzean assures him sarcastically, dragging him along the ground.

"So he's the one stealing money from Fish." one of the girls realizes.

The girls glance around among themselves, trying to figure out which one of us snitched on him but no one gives themselves away.

We all scurry to the window facing the rainy alley out back. There, Gilzean gets out a metal baseball bat from behind a garbage can. Holding it with both hands, he takes a practice swing in the air,

"So Raoul, buddy ol' pal...where's Fish's money?"

"I don't have it!" Raoul declares, "There's been a mistake!"

Gilzean presses the end of the bat against Morgan's forehead, "Oh really?" winding up, he smacks Raoul's stomach with the bat, causing him to fall to the ground, "Then what were you doing in Fish's office the other night?"

"N-nothing, I swear."

He cracks him with the bat again, sending a shout of pain from Morgan. Gilzean hands the bat to the other man, who hits him two more times, both on the head. Blood begins dispelling from his head, and he starts sobbing quietly. Just then, Fish appears with Oswald, holding an umbrella for her. She slowly approaches the broken Morgan, her expression stern, and disappointed,

"I still care for you deeply, but I don't believe you still care for me anymore."

"I c...c-care about you!" he pleads.

"Then where's my money?"

"I'll get it, I'll get it, I'll get it."

I shake my head, while yes, getting hit with a metal baseball bat hurts like hell, just a few swings shouldn't have made him snap so quickly. What kind of people has Amanda been hiring?

My attention turns slightly as I notice Oswald's expression. He seems entranced by the action taking place, so much so that his umbrella is no longer covering Fish,

"Boy!" she snaps.

"Sorry." he apologizes meekly.

She points a stern finger at him, "If you let this hair go frizzy, you will be."

So this is how she's been treating Oswald. I admit, I haven't been able to see much of them interacting, since they're usually out on business while I'm performing onstage.

Lazlo comes around to the alley, "Ma'am, Detective Bullock is here."

She glares at Morgan, "Keep him warm."

Gilzean nods, "Yes, ma'am."

She gives Lazlo her coat before stepping back into the club. A detective? So the police are questioning her, probably about the Wayne murders no doubt, since it happened not too far from here.

"Hey, Oswald? You want a turn?" Gilzean asks, offering the bat to him.

"...may I?"

"Knock yourself out, kid."